• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Maria Sharapova

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
maria-sharapova-02.jpg

Hot-ass-of-Maria-Sharapova-37.jpg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
To be fair Sharapova was taking this stuff before it was on the banned list. I think the penalty is a bit harsh.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
To be fair Sharapova was taking this stuff before it was on the banned list. I think the penalty is a bit harsh.

It is true in some way, but she knew the substance was going to be in the banned list the next year and she still kept using it a long time kind of defying the limits. When the list came on a reciprocal level, she was caught on using it after the announcement of its future illegality and so she was punished

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
It is true in some way, but she knew the substance was going to be in the banned list the next year and she still kept using it a long time kind of defying the limits. When the list came on a reciprocal level, she was caught on using it after the announcement of its future illegality and so she was punished
Hence the suspension. I didn't argue otherwise. However, two years is way too much, and I suspect on appeal it will be reduced to a year starting in January.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Hence the suspension. I didn't argue otherwise. However, two years is way too much, and I suspect on appeal it will be reduced to a year starting in January.

Not arguing, just curious. Why would you think one year should be a good enough suspension?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I think deliberately taking something which you know it's going to be banned on next year regulation is as bad as taking any other enhancing drug. I do believe longer bans and stronger punishment sets a precedent on younger athletes to at least be a bit more skeptical con taking any other their substances. If I break a world record, win millions of dollars and ten tournaments in a year on enhancing drugs, and then I get a 4 months suspension, it kind of seems to have been worth it in some way (what would a 4 month suspension, for example, change on Sharapovas life? She's been injured longer than that!). In some way it is stealing along from the other competitors, lowering their records due to someone enhanced winning them instead, etc.

I do believe a two year ban to be the least she should be getting and I do expect every substance abuse to be penalized harder on sports every time

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.