• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Marin, Calaforina

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
Wasn't sure, that's why I asked. No offense meant, but SF is known in the States as the main home of, shall we say, alternative lifestyles?

"Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

I was just in Ireland about a month ago, Maynooth, and just heard from one of the guys I was over there working with that he managed to score some Ryder Cup tix. BASTARD!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Never been there myself. But I also am very interested in moving to the states and if I ever got a job opportunities I would grab it.

Just interested to know what the job opportunitie is?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Never been there myself. But I also am very interested in moving to the states and if I ever got a job opportunities I would grab it.

Just interested to know what the job opportunitie is?

Ohhh fresh meat ;) .... no probs

Lived in Long Beach for 3 months about a 10 min drive from Brentwood - where OJ didn't kill da missus ... I seem to remember a thriving "alternative" community in either Laguna or Newport beach

Cali is great for a short term stop .. would have serious doubts if I could last it longer than a year ....great place tho to boost yer self esteem tho ;)

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
Beautiful and expensive place. You can pretty much golf all year round. Sometimes we get hard rain for weeks or maybe even months.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'll chime in being as I live 40ish miles south of "The City".

First off, salaries aren't inflated anywhere near as much as you would think given the home prices. I live down the Penninsula in Santa Clara county ("Silicon Valley") and the median home price is something like $700k now. We're not talking 4+bedrooms and a big lot here; we're talking ~1500sqft 3/2 on a tight lot.

Anyway, the weather is beautiful year round... outside of the city.
There's a famous quote from Mark Twain, "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." This isn't that much of a stretch.

Just north of Marin in the "wine country" you'll find excellent weather, wine, and golf. And if you head down the penninsula you'll again find excellent weather and golf.

Lastly, an Irish accent (hell, any accent) will serve you quite well in The City, regardless of which way you swing...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.