• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Martin Laird on US Collegiate

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Came across a nice piece from Mr Laird on his days at Colorado State - good insight into getting to grips with the different demands on playing in the US and not having to wear 76 layers of thermal clothing half the year. Thought you guys might enjoy it

BBC - Martin Laird: College days proved invaluable on road to the pro ranks

awww.bbc.co.uk_blogs_martinlaird_lairdstandrews595.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Great article Stanters.

Btw, this is what's in his bag.

[video=youtube;B8Iy_0InGz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Iy_0InGz8[/video]

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
It is a good read, and next time some hotshot kid starts posting about how he's the next Tiger or Rory, I hope that he'll take this quote to heart:

I really do feel that the experience I gained playing at Colorado State University was vital to where I am right now and played a huge part in me improving to the level that I felt I was ready to turn professional.

I really don't understand so many of the kids' reluctance to go to college, especially if they are as good as they say they are they will get 4 years of school for free, and at least have a degree to fall back on in case they don't make it, or they suffer an injury. Not only that, but playing in the college ranks, you get to play against some of the other best young players on some of the best and most challenging courses in the country -- it is not like they really lose anything and have the potential to gain a lot, as per the quote above.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.