• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Master Card Masters in Australia

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Dumb question. What country or location do all those three letter abbreviations stand for such as VIC (Victoria?) or QLD (Queensland?).

Also, these guys have all forgot how to play golf. Did you see Greg Chalmers take five putts to get it in that one hole? And four of them were about two feet? He dropped three strokes on that one hole just on putting.

And the sand and chipping is horrible. Am I alone in thinking these guys might not win this tourney. Sorry, no one won this week. Justin Rose is playing like crap but everyone else is playing so much worse he's still ahead. :)

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
To be fair to the players it was as dry as hoylake pretty much with Pinehurst runoffs. Only 2 players broke 70 on Sunday so they can't have all played disastrously, it was conditions.

Re the locations, VIC is victoria, QLDi s Queensland, NSW is New South Wales, TAS is Tasmania

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
To be fair to the players it was as dry as hoylake pretty much with Pinehurst runoffs. Only 2 players broke 70 on Sunday so they can't have all played disastrously, it was conditions.

Re the locations, VIC is victoria, QLDi s Queensland, NSW is New South Wales, TAS is Tasmania

Fastback

Nov 13, 2006
Dumb question. What country or location do all those three letter abbreviations stand for such as VIC (Victoria?) or QLD (Queensland?)

They are states in Australia

awww.ausbird.com_jpegs_australia.jpg

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
the Australian Masters is co-sanctioned with the Euro tour from this year. There was quite a contingent of European players, including the winner Justin Rose.

On Chalmers' five putts, as previously noted the conditions were typical of Australian summers (though its only spring) VERY hard and fast. The pin placements Sunday were fiendish, lots of break near the hole and very tough to stop lags (or even four footers that lip out) close.

phil048

Oct 24, 2006
Hey Wardbirdlover

Isn't Greg Chalmers aloud to have a bad day!!!

I've seen some pro's have shocking shots over the years. I guess if we could get some of the big names to play in Australia, ie Tiger, Phil.M then we could see how they fair on our courses.

But I'm sure Justin ROSE felt he played well. He's a great player and could be coming into good form, who knows?????

🔥 Latest posts