• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Masters performance of the top handful (minus Eldrick & Gomer)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'm interested in a discussion about the other placegetters in the top ten (no Tiger or Phil talk for once).

I thought Lee Westwood did very well. He doesn't need to change anything in his game. His break will come.

After being annoyed by media hype in previous years about Anthony Kim being the "Next Big Thing", he appears to have finally arrived.

KJ appeared to me to have the look of a champion half way through the final round & then he fizzled.

Freddy Couples - what can I say? A great guy. The galleries love him. Fantastic golfer. However, I never thought he was going to get there at any stage. Was just my gut feel.

Well that's it from me. Any thoughts from the other members?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
keep your eye on Matteo Manassero over the next few years.

I thought about that guy as well. He definetely has a future in golf and not a "Big Break Future", but a real one.

I was expecting Westwood to do an amazing tournament. He was my first pick for the Coffe Cup anyway. I thought the Masters was going overseas this year. If he just had gotten at least one green in regulation per round, thing might have been different.

Villegas choked big time. I don't get this guy (and I don't like him either). He plays like a champ three weeks, then he plays like a hacker two months, and then back.

Great Tournament. It was so fun to see so many golfers playing for the lead in the last day. Lots of eagles and bogeys which changed the leaderboard in two holes. Can't wait for the U.S. Open now!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
keep your eye on Matteo Manassero over the next few years.

I believe his age is 16. Played great! The youngest amateur to ever make the cut at Augusta. And, during the Butler Cabin interview, said he plans on turning pro in the next 30 days. Wonder how many millions his endorsement contracts will generate......

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Sorry I have to mention Phil's name in my point...

I think if Phil had of missed his return birdie putt on 13 we could very well have seen Westwood take it out. Played very solidly all week and was a little bit of a shame to see him miss out. But his chance should still come. Great week for his confidence.

I still don't see the fuss with Anthony Kim. Was nowhere near the lead Friday or Saturday, shoots a 65 (yes its good, I'll give him that) on Sunday when there is absolutely no pressure on him, and realistaically he was never going to catch the leaders, and everyone claims he's back to being the next big thing. If he proves me wrong I'm fine with that and good luck to him but I really don't see it happening. I highly doubt he would have been anywhere near a 65 if he was close to the leaders on Saturday night.

Hunter Mahan looked solid as always at Augusta, could be a winner there in the next few years. Same with Nick Watney, only his 76 on Friday blew him out of contention.

Agreed with the gut feeling on Freddie True, never saw him getting there even if it would've been a great story.

Ernie didn't finish top 10 but you have to wonder if he's got any more majors in him. Coming in with his form he probably should've been a solid lock for a top 10 finish. Just never seemed to get it going.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.