• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Matrix 7x3 white tie

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
I was thinking someone here put a white tie in their three wood. I have a cb4 three wood that I would like to bring the launch up a bit in but not the spin. Could whoever it was tell me how they like that shaft and if it is high launch with lowish spin?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Of all the shafts I have tried, Matix is the one mfg that I have zero experience with.

I hope this helps! :)

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I have the 6x3 white tie in my driver. Mid to high launch with low spin and great feel. I'm very pleased with it.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Also, I have the XCon 7 in my 3 wood and it is virtually the same shaft in my opinion. Higher launching with low spin. I think it can had for cheaper than the White Tie.

OP
ChrisLyons

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
Yeah I read that the white tie was the xcon replacement. I'll be on the lookout for one of those. For $300 bucks it would be cheaper to buy the new xcg7 beta with the 7m3 black tie! Can't find a pull on eBay but I've got more time than money so I'll keep looking. Thanks for the comments!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Yeah I read that the white tie was the xcon replacement. I'll be on the lookout for one of those. For $300 bucks it would be cheaper to buy the new xcg7 beta with the 7m3 black tie! Can't find a pull on eBay but I've got more time than money so I'll keep looking. Thanks for the comments!
For $300 you could get a few blueboards and be done with it. Best shaft ever IMO.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
My mistake. I could've sworn Diamana quit making them. I have a new Golfworks and they aren't in there but it's not a master catalog. Either way, it's a great shaft.
They aren't making them anymore, Golfworks had left over stock but it wasn't in the catalogue. I assume that's what RBG is selling too, left over stock. That's pretty much all that's left of the original diamana line, left over stock.

I haven't hit the newer lines Diamana has out except a made for Ahina. I wasn't impressed.

Have you hit any of them?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Yeah, I had a stiff S+ in my driver for one round and some range time then I traded it for an x stiff. The S+ is as good as the BB imo. It's a tight shaft and I hit it well but I wanted get my launch angle up. Going with the White Tie was a really good move for me. I love it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Yeah, I had a stiff S+ in my driver for one round and some range time then I traded it for an x stiff. The S+ is as good as the BB imo. It's a tight shaft and I hit it well but I wanted get my launch angle up. Going with the White Tie was a really good move for me. I love it.
I love the diamana line and would like to try the kai'li. For whatever reason I have never hit any of the Matrix line save for a few years ago in a hybrid. Didn't do much for me.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I just bought a 6X3 to try out next week. I play the F6M2 in my driver and the 7M3 in my 3W.

The White Tie is the same launch characteristics of the XCON, but with tighter stability and dispersion.

Love Matrix shafts. They're awesome for my swing. But they aren't for everyone.

R35

OP
ChrisLyons

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
They have a bunch of xcon 7 rbz pulls. I wonder if they're the real deal? I kinda doubt it for $25 bucks.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
They have a bunch of xcon 7 rbz pulls. I wonder if they're the real deal? I kinda doubt it for $25 bucks.
My dad has an RBZ driver with the made for XCon and it feels a little soft. It's a bomber, don't get me wrong but it feels different to me.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.