• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Matrix shaft/length question!!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'm tempted to pick up this Matrix Ozik X-con 7 shaft for a good deal. It's 42.75" in length and has been tip trimmed 1 inch. I'm assuming this was for a 3 wood. It's a strong flex, not sure of the cpms.

Would it be stupid to toss an R9 tip on this thing, and put it in my R9? It would probably end up playing shy of 45" when all was said and done.

I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea, as I should be using a shorter driver anyways... Worth a try? Would I have to do anything else, like with weighting or something?

buykrux

May 15, 2009
i dont think it will fit, you may have to put a extension in it
i think the r9 shafts without the adapter are 43.5 so your and inch + short

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I passed on it... I figured the same thing you just said once I laid it all out in my head. I don't want to mess with extensions. I want something around 44.5/45 or so for my driver.

I ended up scoring a 73g Fubuki, in X flex unfortunately for a great price.. I've used X flex, and have one in my hybrid that I hit like a laser.. Hope it's not too stiff for me, cause I know I don't have the SS for it.

From looking it all up, the regular stock TM shafts are 43" though..

Members online