• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Matt Hill (Canadian)

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Why isn't anyone talking about this kid. In my opinion he is the best amateur golfer on the planet. He just won the NCAA D1 Championship today, that gives him 8 wins on the college year (Tiger Woods only had 7 when he was a sophmore.) including 7 of his last 8 tournaments. Here is his record for the 2008-09 season. I watched him play and he has one sound swing, similar to Hunter Mahan or Davis Love III.

NCAA Championship - 1st -6
NCAA West Regional - 1st -5
Big 4 - 1st -2
ACC Championships - 1st -10
River Landings Intercollegiate - 1st -10
Hootie at Bull's Bay - 5th -4
Chris Schenkel E-Z-Go - 1st -7
General Hackler Tournament - 1st -3
Puerto Rico Classic - 12th -5[FONT=times new roman,times]
[/FONT]Rice Intercollegiate - 5th +1
Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate - 14th +2
Hartford Hawks Invitational - 1st -13
Maryland Intercollegiate - 4th -4

- His scoring average will be around 70.10, better then Tiger Wood's average during his sophmore season.

- He is ranked #1 in the golfstat cup standings
- He is ranked #7 in the world amateur golf rankings (not updated)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I'd give him 2nd in Canadian Amateur Rankings.

First would go to Nick Taylor of U. Wash, who is ranked higher than Hill I believe.

What school is Hill attend? I believe the PAC10 is the toughest division in college golf, where Taylor competes.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Your boy Taylor Piper is playing some mean golf out there... 2 under. Go kid!!!

There's another kid I'm watching from VT - his name is Trevor Murphy. He played in the shit yesterday and shot +2... pretty impressive

OP
J

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Matt Hill won the regional (same field as Taylor) and NCAA championship (same field as Taylor) I like Taylor but Hill is probably the better player right now. Taylor is playing incredible golf this week though. Both will be in the Canadian Open this year along with a couple other pro events.

🔥 Latest posts