• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Matt Kuchar: Give Us a Break

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
THE NFL IS IN WEEK 6. During the current NFL season, the PGA Tour has completed a season and started a season. Take that, NFL.

Matt Kuchar (Allison)​
Yes, I'm being silly. There have been several quips about the PGA Tour's new season and wraparound approach. The new season kicked off on Thursday with the Frys.com Open in Northern California.

But it's not all yuks for the players. As Will Gray wrote at the Golf Central Blog, U.S. Ryder Cup team member Matt Kuchar felt as if he was barely able to warm the couch before the new golf season officially started this week.

"It’s just so quick to restart after the Ryder Cup. It doesn’t feel like there's any break," Kuchar said. "A one-week break is not a break."

Kuchar said he'd like to see this week's tournament, Las Vegas and McGladrey played after the Wyndham Championship as the end of the season rather than the beginning. He suggests a "proper break" and a start in November in Asia. He also addressed the concern about football.

"I know there’s an issue with wanting the FedEx Cup to not compete with football, but it competes with Week 3 or 4 of football. Why not compete with Week 7 of football? I see Week 7 as being less attentive for football watchers than Weeks 1, 2 and 3."

PGA Tour headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach isn't consulting him much, Kuchar admitted.

"I’m not asked all that often how I think the Tour should work, but I’ll keep suggesting."

Source: Matt Kuchar: Give Us a Break

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I agree that the players should have a break greater than one week.

🔥 Latest posts