• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Maxfli Blackmax

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
...Although it is the characteristics of the ball and how they react with aggressive wedge shot, and how they feel and react around the green that interests me. I have not found to many 2 piece balls that work as well with my wedges as a 3 piece...

Yeah, me too really. Although I do like a soft feel off all the clubs, that's easy to find. It's still a price-point thing, but the Burner's pretty darn decent at the short stuff. I have one I've been pitching around the yard for probably about 4 or 5 evenings and the cover has a bunch of spots with obvious score-lines dented into it. Not like furred up spots like the HX Hot Bite gets (those things look like they hit the cart path after a few strong wedge shots) but obviously some good cover deformation gripping on the wedges. And it's just short stuff, nothing over about 30 yards, otherwise it would be lost in the woods by now. Although the milling on the face of my wedge is pretty aggressive (much more pronounced than Vokeys) so YMMV, I may be leading you down the wrong path altogether.

I just want something that costs less than $20 that isn't a turd. I know it's out there, because I know golf balls don't cost that much to make. I play a very tight course where the woods are absolutely littered with poison ivy 6 months of the year so even 10 feet off the fairway can often mean a lost ball, because I'm not willing to get that crap on me to save a golf ball. I mean I'm not a cheap-ass, but at the same time I think it's ridiculous to charge $4-$5 a ball for something that costs $0.15 more to make than the balls you sell for $1/ea. Right now that Burner is fitting the bill. I'll definitely give the AD333 a swing and see how it does next time I'm buying. I'd really like to try the Gamer, but stupid WalMart doesn't carry it - no idea why, they have the Freak (turd) and other TF lines, but no Gamer. The nearest Dick's is 30-40 minutes away, so I'm normally stuck with whatever WalMart has to offer.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.