• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Maxfli Noodle Ice

jdtemps

Mar 15, 2006
Hello all, I'm new here and wanted to share my enthusiasm for a particular golf product with you! I've recently purchased a selection pack of "Maxfli Noodle Ice" golf balls which have proved to be a great addition to my bag!

I bought these expecting them to be moderate in terms of play - the real reason I decided to get them was because of the great vibrant colours they come in that are quite unlike anything I've seen before in a golf ball!

The Noodle Ice isn't just a normal coloured ball - it actually has a transparent outer elastomer cover where a normal golf ball has its' white pigment. This allows you to see into the centre of the ball, which contains the coloured core. It's actually a really interesting bit of golf engineering!

I originally bought the selection pack which contains all four of the colours - orange, green, yellow, and pink. Absolutely stunning and well worth the buy. However, a point worth noting is that these can now be bought in each colour as well (a dozen pack of orange, for example) which is really great news. The only people I have found who are doing this are BestpinkBalls.com, one of the UK's largest golf ball stockists.

It seems that you can now buy the Maxfli Noodle Ice golf balls in each separate colour, as well as the selection of colours packs.

I loved the orange ones after the first time I bought them, and have since ordered 5 dozen orange packs from Best4Balls. They arrived the next day, so it's a service I would highly recommend to everyone (use the links above if you want to have a look at them). Oh, and in addition, £14.49 per dozen just so happens to be the cheapest price anywhere in the UK which I was also pleased about.

The play of the Noodle Ice is great. I was very surprised originally seeing as it's a limited edition ball, however, on second thoughts it does make sense that it's a good ball, seeing as it's completely based on the original Maxfli Noodle Long & Soft golf balls.

Anyways, I'm going to try out a whole selection of weird and alternative golf balls in the coming weeks so stay tuned!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
And here I was expecting little tid-bits like spin characteristics, distance off the tee, puttability...

Silly me.

(And Sling, you really set yourself up for an "out of context" bit there. ;))

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
How many google hits would I get if I just copy/pasted that entire, ridiculous piece of spam into Google?

Uh - the number of golf forums out there, dummy...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
jdtemps said:
I have found who are doing this are Best4Balls.com, one of the UK's largest golf ball stockists.

now there's a word you don't hear on this side of the pond too often.

stockist

n. Chiefly British
A commercial retailer or wholesaler that stocks merchandise

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
You can buy them colored seperately at Dicks as well.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1309844&cp=714659.714744

Not sure the conversion rate, but I figure if this is SPAM, it is always good to provide other options. If it is not, no harm done, just another option.

Personally I wouldn't be caught dead with that golf ball, and I play Maxfli's, but to each his own. This coming from someone who drove a Pink Tracker for 5 years because I wanted and automatic, and pink was the only available automatic in the lots I went too.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
This coming from someone who drove a Pink Tracker for 5 years because I wanted and automatic, and pink was the only available automatic in the lots I went too.

And I always wondered what was more gay than a geo Tracker...

:D

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
bdcrowe said:
And I always wondered what was more gay than a geo Tracker...

:D
It was, as they said, my Barbie Dream Jeep. But it sure beat driving a manual in Philadelphia traffic 2-3 hours a day. As long as you don't get lost in the shadier sides of Philly with a Pink Tracker and Kansas Tire cover, as I managed to do once and only once.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I like all 3 of the other Noodles

L&S, Al Dente, and Rotini, and I think the Ice would be easy to track my game if I wanted to play 2 balls all day, but I just can't bring myself to buy them. Hittintg a pink or green ball just doesn't seem right to me.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
the ones i seen were clear.i looked at them but im not sure i would like looking down at them.prob just cause im so conditioned at looking at white balls.the clear cover just looks funky.

loco

Not good at golf
Sep 12, 2006
Bump for the old thread. I like them. They don't drive quite as well as the long and softs, but they seem to play short a little better for me.

They'd be easy to find if the fairways were actually green around here right now.

I've been pleased, but I suck enough that people will find other things to laugh at me about other than my colored balls. :D

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
How can any company make a better ball than Titleist? Callaway has come close but o well...

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online