• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

May need a new stand bag

Jun 24, 2006
The zipper broke on my Nike today, and unless it can be fixed I'm going to have to buy another one.

Any suggestions on a good, high quality, comfortable to carry..carry bag?.

I know sun mountain gets good reviews from people but I dont like the designs/color patterns.

I love the look of the Ping Hoofer Vantage Flag stand bag exclusive to golf town but it's online only which means I have to pay retail for it:)() if I get that. Plus it's online only.

Golf Town

The search is on.

This is going to be that last ho for a while.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The zipper broke on my Nike today, and unless it can be fixed I'm going to have to buy another one.

Any suggestions on a good, high quality, comfortable to carry..carry bag?.

I know sun mountain gets good reviews from people but I dont like the designs/color patterns.

I love the look of the Ping Hoofer Vantage Flag stand bag exclusive to golf town but it's online only which means I have to pay retail for it:)() if I get that. Plus it's online only.

Golf Town

The search is on.

This is going to be that last ho for a while.

You may be looking for a more purpose-built superlight stand bag, but if you are at all considering a more versatile bag, then consider this:

Golf Town

I've had mine (although mine is a smaller version than the one you see here) for about two years now, and it's proven very durable.

I love the fact that you can unzip the accessory pockets and turn it into a very simple carry bag. Or, you can put it on a cart without worrying about it. The Izzo dual-strap system works great. The stand legs work great. I carried everything I needed in mine while I was on my 16 day trip to Scotland, so it has plenty of storage.

It's a great bag, IMHO.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Sun mountain, any of the first 3 Golf Town

Whatever you do, do not get an OGIO vaporlite, they are junk.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
i just ordered a sun montian bag. its the MPB bag and i reallly liked it at the store. they didnt have the yellow and black bag i wanted so i got the guy to order me one.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
OGIO Grom, or any other OGIO is tops in my book for Stand Bags. Definitely worth taking a look.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I recently got an Ogio Vector (which are on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods for 100$), and I'm thrilled with it. Lots of room, great club arrangement, comfortable, and snazzy.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I have an Ogio stand bag, like new, for sale in the classifieds: Ogio Ozone-AF Stand Bag :D

Not sure how much it will cost to ship to the Great White North though.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
i have three different PING hoofers, well two a team bags that i got for free, but i liked them so much i got a third. cant go wrong with PING golf bags.

My next move will probably be to a sunday bag. what a great idea. all you really need to carry is your clubs and a couple of balls. thats it. imho a great idea.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Whatever you do, do not get an OGIO vaporlite, they are junk.
I rarely have disagreed with Lyle, but I use a Vaporlite, have had no problems, and recommend it to anyone wanting a lightweight (3.8 pounds) standbag.

My next move will probably be to a sunday bag. what a great idea. all you really need to carry is your clubs and a couple of balls. thats it. imho a great idea.

I am considering this same thing because I play right many late afternoon 9's that would be perfect for a sunday bag. Probably going to get a :miz: Scratch Sac because they are the cheapest of the 3 best I've seen :)miz:, :smilie_pi, and :smilie_ti).

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Ping Hoofers are the danglies,superb bags.The Vantage weighs less than my testicles

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.