• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mayweather vs McGregor

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I watched the bout on PPV.

Much better than what I expected. Fight fans got their money's worth.

Anyone else watch it?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Nope! Remember watching a few of the Cassius Clay/Ali fights many years ago. That was before PPV when we could see those championship fights live on regular television. Sounds like it was a pretty good show and went longer than many assumed it would. Still don't know if I would climb in the ring with one of those even if I would get the $2 million Mayweather was guaranteed.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
201505_0849_cchdh_sm.jpg

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
McGregor was absolutely gassed. However, in a MMA fight he would demolish Mayweather.

One thing Mayweather can't claim - to be able to last more than a round in McGregor's sport.

I think the "crossover" choice was right. It would've been pointless having Mayweather in the MMA Octagon. It would've been a complete mismatch. That's beside the issue of MMA rules which permit unconscious people being bludgeoned to the face once or twice before the ref steps in. McGregor was saved (mercifully) by boxing's rules.

Members online

No members online now.