• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

McIlroy Baby!!!!!

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I don't get the Westwood hate! The guy has been showing up each week to play golf, and each week has been shooting the most consistent scores on the planet, bar Luke Donald. That's why he was number #1 and is now #2. It would help his cause to get one over the line and I hope he does land a Major some time soon. But that doesn't detract from the fact that he is always there. He couln't buy a putt last night, but still finished tied 3rd. Take the winner out of it and there was only one guy Jason Day (who scrambled like God!) better. What's to hate in a consistent performer like this? That he is European / English? If this was Steve Stricker would there be such an outcry? I doubt it.

Rory is not number one because he lacks consistency. Outside this week's demolition, his stats this year have been less than impressive. Same with Jason Day. So are we saying that the World #1 and #2 should be held by the current winner / runner up of a Major? If Rory continues this form, it will only be a matter of time before he hits the top spot, just like it took the same amount of time for Woods to fall off it. That's why the system works well, and not the cursory "who's hot this week" rule. The same applies to Jason Day.

What I can say is that the future of golf looks good. The twenty somethings are really coming through. I hope Woods finds his MoJo soon, as there may not be room at the top table for him much longer. His target of 18 may be at risk.

As for the Rookie of the Year last year, what was his name again, Rickie something? Well he better step up soon to justify that decision.

I don't know why Westwood gets blasted for his ranking so often. He deserves to be where he's at in the World Ranking. He has like 30 career wins. Luke Donald on the other hand has what, maybe 4 or 5 career wins? He's just a top 10 machine. I really like Donald, but I don't think top-10's should be so heavily weighted for the World Rankings.

How the hell Fowler got ROY without winning is beyond me. What a load of BS.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I could really care less who is ranked #1 - whatever.

I think that was an impressive showing by Rory, to say the least. He seems to have his head screwed on straight, and lord knows his swing is silky smooth.

I don't get into the hero/idol worship thing, but I can definitely see me telling my 2 year old grandson to mold his swing and style after Rory, instead of another golfer who shall remain nameless at this point., :)

Best post here! I also don't care who's ranked #1 or #200, what difference does it make in my life?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.