• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Measuring Clubs

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
How do you measure the length of a club? I measured my driver and it came out to be 46", a local shop measured it and they got 43", all my drivers are the same length (stock NV in 983K, stock Mitsi Rayon in my R7TP), and my Prolite in my 905S (until i get the BiMatrix later this week).

But how exactly do you measure a golf club? because we both got well different measurements, and im pretty sure not all three of these drivers, two with stock shafts, are 43" long....

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
set the club at its proper playing angle and measure with a ruler from the floor to the top of the grip.

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
You can also stand it straight up against the wall with the shaft flat against the wall and measure. Once you get that number subtract 2 inches.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
set the club at its proper playing angle and measure with a ruler from the floor to the top of the grip.

Uh, what? Maybe my brain isn't on today, but this seems wrong to me. Your lie angle would then dictate length. Or, are you talking from the base of the head where the hosel would theoretically bore thru the head to the end of the grip?

I'm thinking from your description, you mean set the club, then measure 90* from the floor to the grip end. That's completely wrong. But maybe I'm misunderstanding.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Like this...

R35
measuring.jpg
measuring2.jpg

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
yes, exactly like figure 3.

Sole the club flat and measure. My description might have been a little weak lol, but bear in mind I aint no Stephan king either.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Roger that. Again, my brain doesn't work sometimes. Well, alot of the time. :D

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
With irons especially the lie angle would play far to much of a factor. I dont like to be "close" when I am building clubs.

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
With irons especially the lie angle would play far to much of a factor. I dont like to be "close" when I am building clubs.

He did mention his Driver and perhaps I should have mentioned that the technique I talked about works primarily with those.

🔥 Latest posts