• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Medicus

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
anyone used one of these contraptions? Did it actually help you or make you more confused?

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I've toodled with one a bit...still very easy to swing over the top with it...as long as you've got tempo going, you can do almost anything with it - end result, kinda useless

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
If used properly it will help with swing plane and tempo. Some people are amazed when I hit balls with mine. I have the original so there is no tightening the screws to make it easier.

It is not a cure all but a pretty good training aid and probably the biggest selling aid of all time.

Esher

Jun 25, 2005
bogeymaker said:
anyone used one of these contraptions? Did it actually help you or make you more confused?

Golf Magazine had a short article on the Medicus in the July edition. They basically said that the club will show you what NOT to do but is worthless for showing what to do correctly.

Basically they said the same thing that Silver just said.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I have one that I use all the time. I like it for tempo but like Silver said you can swing over the top and still not break it. A rushed backswing or an incomplete finish tends to break it for me.

Not a cure all but what it is?

🔥 Latest posts