• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Meet Carson, my new caddie

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
United States United States
I started playing somewhere in the middle of the previous century. I’ve walked (and push/pulled) a hand cart all that time. Over all terrain- up hills, down steep embankments- pushing through knee deep rough. And once in awhile on the fairway too.
But the push/pulling is really getting to me now.
Yesterday’s round nearly pushed me over the edge.
I’ve thought about getting one of these for years. Last night I did the homework and comparison shopping on line. I considered price and features. I read the reviews and specs of all the different brands. I chose the Bat Caddy X3R model and ordered - my “robot” caddie I named Carson. I wonder if it will suggest clubs. I doubt that, but it’s a duel motor, remote control golf cart. Range 100 yards. Funny, that’s about my range too. Carson and I will get along. It’s got an accessory seat. And the Li battery (both at extra cost).
Bat Caddy X3R

Last edited:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I started playing somewhere in the middle of the previous century. I’ve walked (and push/pulled) a hand cart all that time. Over all terrain- up hills, down steep embankments- pushing through knee deep rough. And once in awhile on the fairway too.
But the push/pulling is really getting to me now.
Yesterday’s round nearly pushed me over the edge.
I’ve thought about getting one of these for years. Last night I did the homework and comparison shopping on line. I considered price and features. I read the reviews and specs of all the different brands. I chose the Bat Caddy X3R model and ordered - my “robot” caddie I named Carson. I wonder if it will suggest clubs. I doubt that, but it’s a duel motor, remote control golf cart. Range 100 yards. Funny, that’s about my range too. Carson and I will get along. It’s got an accessory seat. And the Li battery (both at extra cost).
Bat Caddy X3R
Years ago before they perfected these things a guy had one and the battery went dead in his remote. He was running down the course chasing it.

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
Come on guys (and gals)!
Imagine this:
I’m 126 yards from the green.
I hit a 7 iron pin high on the left of the green. Cart path and next tee to the right of the green.
I take my putter and send Carson to the next tee on the right, while I walk to my ball on left. No more dragging cart where I will be walking after I hole out, then walking across the green and back again. No more dragging it anywhere.
They’ve worked out a lot of the bugs. Many innovations in past years. High density /light weight Li batteries, high output direct drive motors. Stops automatically when out of range (to prevent runaways). Automatic downhill brake. Freewheeling mode turns it into a regular cart so you won’t get stuck IF the battery should run down.
I’m so psyched for this. Funny but I’ve never seen them much on the course. But I want to continue to walk and not take a driving cart. So this will greatly extend my ability to do so.
A few years ago I was a street musician in Central Park and I got an electric scooter and it was a total game changer for me, as I expect Carson to be as well. Focus my energy on my guitar - and golf game - and not so much on lugging equipment around.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We have three ladies at our course who have these remote carts. They play quick... and good! One has a tablet on her cart and watches videos, etc. while following it down the fairway. We asked her just this morning if she was going to install a microwave on it!!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I've wanted one for some time but they're a bit pricey for me.

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
Carson arrived today.
The assembly wasn't as clear and smooth as I might want, but a chat with customer service on the site cleared up my questions. Took the stuff from my old cart - which is an excellent 4 wheel Clickgear, and I'm actually going to miss it, but Carson has some serious horsepower. I tested it in my storage room. It works and with the dual motors I can't imagine it being unable to roll through a little rough or go uphills. Specs say 30 deg. That's quite a hill. Remote control a little jerky, but my storage room is small and yet was still able to maneuver. I wish the frame felt a little more substantial - it's aluminum tubing and plastic fittings - but I don't intend to go crashing around with it.
So I'll give you a full report after I take it out. I played today with the old cart and really felt the resistance, especially on the back 9 and once the day heated up. I probably felt the resistance more than ever, knowing it would be my last round without my caddy.

🔥 Latest posts