• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Meeting famous people thread (non-golf related)

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
I've got a bunch but the highlight is when my wife and I got to hang out with Stephen King and his son Owen backstage during their book tour. He carries an iPad and is obsessed with his Corgi, he must have shown us a dozen videos. During one video he got an email from his manager... it was the trailer for one of his movies or tv shows I don't remember which. We watched it. He didn't like it. :D

upload_2020-8-25_11-52-41.png

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I 'met' Michael Jordan at the some zoo in the Chicago area when I was maybe 6 or so.

I wasn't much of a basketball fan then (still not) but he was absolutely everywhere in those days. Possibly the most well known sports star at the time. I was at one of the exhibits and he and his kids walked up next to me and started looking at it as well. He asked me something I can no longer remember because I looked at him and immediately realized who it was. I think it was something like 'are these your favorite animals' or something because I answered that they were and he said something like 'Yeah, they're pretty amazing, huh'.

My uncle, who is a huge sports fan, comes up to me after we parted ways and goes 'Do you have any idea who that man was?' I said 'Yeah, it was Michael Jordan.' I guess I was too young to realize that was such a rare encounter. He was on cloud 9 that we just saw him in person, and I was like 'Yeah, it was pretty cool I guess'.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Probably the most excited I've ever been to meet and talk to a person was when I got to meet my Wife's paternal grand father who was a bomber pilot in the pacific during WWII.

I talked to him for hours, and I'm glad I did. He was 96 at that time, and it was the only time I ever got to talk to him.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Probably the most excited I've ever been to meet and talk to a person was when I got to meet my Wife's paternal grand father who was a bomber pilot in the pacific during WWII.

I talked to him for hours, and I'm glad I did. He was 96 at that time, and it was the only time I ever got to talk to him.
My (now deceased) FIL flew P-38's in the pacific and I made him a web site. Like you said, talking to him for hours and tried to put it in my website. I got tons of info from Stanford University and other sources. Went to the library and printed out the history from Stanford on their reader. It stacked up 6" high!

P38 Pilot John Raymond Johnson

Lt. John “Ray” Johnson’s “Fighting Cocks” P-38L-1 Sep 1944 – Mar 1945

Last edited:

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I met John Lithgow when I was managing a ski shop in Vail. We knew he was coming and we’re all prepared. He ended up coming in through the basement and got on the elevated with me. We stood there for a second and the first thing I say to him is, “you are a lot taller than I though you’d be.” He looks me up and down and says, “you too.” Lol

Took care of his skis all week and he ended up giving me a $1000 tip. Pretty cool dude.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Shook hand with Jim Belushi. That was kinda neat. Served Jack to Joe Lando (Michael Landons son). Stood next to C Webb and Riddick Bowe once. I’m 6’3 and 300lbs and have never felt smaller.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been almost 20 years ago, but spent a long evening with Meredith Baxter. We spent over an hour walking and talking. Sat for quite a while in a bistro, drinking coffee. She had just gone through the divorce of husband #3. Had not, at that time, "come out". And... yes... it was my wife and I. Tried to ditch the wife, but....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.