• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Memorable Golfing Weekend

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I took my son (far left) and my nephew (second from right) down to the National Finals for the Junior Sixes Tournament this weekend in Dublin. They won their sectional qualifier a few months ago, so along with 7 other teams from around the country, they played the finals yesterday at one of the most prestigious clubs in Ireland, Portmarnock GC.

The format for this is great, six holes on a shortened course, the longest hole was about 150 yards. We had a team of six players, 2 girls and 4 boys, all under 13 years old. So we had three teams, each playing a 2 ball scramble, with the best total score from two out of the three teams.

We travelled down on Saturday (3 hr drive) and stayed at a local hotel. I got the boys some new shoes to go with their new uniform. We then went for burgers and fries followed by a trip to the cinema to watch Venom (I'm getting too old for that crap, but happy to be in the company of kids that love that stuff).

What a day Sunday was, wall-to-wall sunshine, but with a stiff breeze. We were very lucky weather-wise, for this time of year. We didn't win (I think we finished 4th), but the kids had a blast. Lots of feel-good stuff. Free balls at the range, a putting competition, goodie bags etc. The course was pristine, greens like glass. They were probably a bit young to appreciate it, but in time they may realise what a treat it was. I was an "official" scorer for one of the matches. I have to say how amazing some of these kids were. A boy/girl combo shot level par gross for the six holes!! The boy was 11!! (His dad is a golf pro).

A great weekend! The picture is of our team receiving the pendant for winning the regional section.

Attachments

• 247903901_636487160849195_4186641029824361668_n.jpg
    247903901_636487160849195_4186641029824361668_n.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 130

🔥 Latest posts