• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Men's nite success

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Had a good round last night that left me as Men's nite winner. Shot 35 on the scoring 9, drove the ball beautifully. Rolled the rock like nobody's business. 76 overall (couple hiccups on the back, all mental errors).

That 35 got me low gross and low net. Must have been a slow night, because there are some shooters in the crowd.

I also had a shot at the CP as well. However, a guy got an ace to beat my 14" shot. Frick!:real angry: I did win the deuce pot on that hole, however.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with where my game is right now.

I drove, all carry, a 306 yard par 4 to 16 feet. That was my shot of the night with the driver. My wedges are solid as hell, inside 20 feet all night. Many looks at birdie with a few lips.

R35

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Good shooting my man ... I did however read a degree of selfishness in the post ... like ya wanted to win everything .. yer spoilt ;) .. and on a side note congrats on the marriage thing .. could this be the source of all that's good with yer game at the moment ?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Good shooting my man ... I did however read a degree of selfishness in the post ... like ya wanted to win everything .. yer spoilt ;) .. and on a side note congrats on the marriage thing .. could this be the source of all that's good with yer game at the moment ?

I don't think so. Just playing well, is all.

I wasn't trying to come off arrogant in my post. Just sorta proud considering I shot 90 there earlier in the year. :)

R35

PS....thanks, BTW. ;)

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Arrogant naw ... nail them all while ya can !! ... it'll be someone elses turn next week ..

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
nice work man. enjoy it while it's there.

like claude harmon said, "someone who's playing well is only 1/4" of ball position away from playing badly."

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So true. I'll try and keep it up and hope I don't get over confident. Just play within yourself, or at least that's the goal.

I used to have this old niblick at the cabin I would whack around in the field behind. Your username sprung some old memories...:)

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
If your playing that well it must be time to replace something. ;)

Nice shooting.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hey Rock.........great round. Isn't that shaft in your driver the greatest thing since tits? :)

It's pretty much the greatest things since tits, yes.

(I'm only agreeing with you because a) It's pretty sweet and b) I see you're a crazed postal worker, and I don't want you to shoot me someday.:D)

It is a solid shaft. One of the better ones I have hit. My FT-3 isn't the longest driver I have hit, but it's very automatic.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I'd be so happy to shoot a 76 now - I'd go wild. My game's in a bad slump....and a special congrats on the 35 on the front side. It's always special to break par on a nine...

Andy299

Jul 16, 2007
There is nothing better than tits!

Hey Rock.........great round. Isn't that shaft in your driver the greatest thing since tits? :)

Sorry guys, :laugh::laugh:but for me there is nothing better than tits!:laugh::laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.