• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Merion Is Like Boxing Great Joe Frazier

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
a4.bp.blogspot.com__tk0unaHuoU8_Ub3UoDPWWOI_AAAAAAAAGOw_dkULoffb68105f269a95ed769ea55a92e784fe.jpg
Joe Frazier and Merion pack a powerful punch.​
IN A PIECE AT LOCAL KNOWLEDGE on GolfDigest.com, former USGA Executive Director David Fay compared the East Course at Merion Golf Club where the 2013 U.S. Open is being staged this week to boxing great Joe Frazier.

"There was a headline this morning. After two rounds the winner is Merion," Fay said.

"I think it's held up well. You have a historic masterpiece here, and it is proving it is up to the challenge and taking everything that contemporary golf can dish out. We're in Philly. Joe Frazier. That's how I look at Merion. It's a compact heavyweight. It's relentless. There are some times when you think you can let your guard down you might get a whistling left hook and wonder what hit you."

So true. For example, Merion's 17th and 18th holes are a fierce combination, able to knock out any player in the field. Which means the winner of the 113th U.S. Open championship will probably be in doubt until the final bell sounds. Anything can happen.

afeeds_feedburner_com__ff_ArmchairGolfBlog_90875f527880786621fd034e7fa2f873._.gif

Source: Merion Is Like Boxing Great Joe Frazier

🔥 Latest posts