• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Met a freak today

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
Steve Griffith won the senior division in 05 with a club head speed of 140 with a 380+ yard drive.

just think what another 11 mph could do.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I dunno, Pepper Werewolf. Sergio and those fellows have been trying to lag the hell out of it for a long time. They can't come close to this...

Lyle, become this guy's manager and spring for a round of ST hats!

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
It's the lag. Similar body motion and club/stick load to a slapshot.

Except you can load the shaft by hitting the ice before the puck. And the swing has to load the golf shaft. But I agree they're very similar. I used to like watching the Junior A Hockey teams annual golf tournament, a ton of huge drives and what not.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Not all hockey players are long hitters... I play hockey and I would not consider my driving distance any more than average. That being said, I can't take a slap shot worth a damn either so that may have something to do with it. But for some strange reason I do really like standing in front of the aforementioned slapshots. :laugh:

mwgolf

Jul 21, 2008
Wow I saw a guy with a 148 mile an hour swing speed and for goodness sake i never though anyone would top it. WOW THATS LONG. LONG. LONG. SO LONG.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Except you can load the shaft by hitting the ice before the puck. And the swing has to load the golf shaft. But I agree they're very similar. I used to like watching the Junior A Hockey teams annual golf tournament, a ton of huge drives and what not.

It's the same with hurling players over here, they create a serious amount of speed with the hockey stick in a short amount of space for fear of being 'caught' by an opponent, so when they take a proper swing back it becomes a joy to watch in terms of distance, technically speaking it mightn't be all that though

raven34

Jul 14, 2008

blimey, but can he putt?

Exactly what I thought Dave. But seems these guys are talking only Long Drive competitions. I understand there is some serious money to be made in these.
A clubhead speed of 151 is mind blowing and with old gear!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.