• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Met a guy who played with Zach Johnson

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Had to go to Davenport Iowa yesterday to visit a heat treating company we might use. The VP of the company was Chad Funderburk who used to play alot with Zach. Not sure if it was college or the Hooters or some other tour but he said they were (at that time) pretty even and he would beat Zach and Zach would beat him the next time etc. Sounds like he might take me golfing some time. He joked that I'd play the women's tees, he'd play the back and if he won a hole we had to give him so much business etc. Fun guy to talk to. I told him if we gave him business it would require he gives me golf lessons too... :thumbs up:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Had to go to Davenport Iowa yesterday to visit a heat treating company we might use. The VP of the company was Chad Funderburk who used to play alot with Zach. Not sure if it was college or the Hooters or some other tour but he said they were (at that time) pretty even and he would beat Zach and Zach would beat him the next time etc. Sounds like he might take me golfing some time. He joked that I'd play the women's tees, he'd play the back and if he won a hole we had to give him so much business etc. Fun guy to talk to. I told him if we gave him business it would require he gives me golf lessons too... :thumbs up:
Very cool. I've never played with a true plus handicap golfer before, but I imagine it could be interesting, to say the least.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I saw someone shoot 64 this summer. I though I had a pretty good score with 76. Humbling to say the least.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You know that dude from Africa that was drafted by UNM and played in the Masters last year? They had a little special on him either Friday or Saturday of the week of it.

Well, I played with him a few weeks before...he's crazy man. Even the bottom feeders of the PGA blow you away.

RoughedgesMR

Jul 14, 2008

what do you do that you need heat treating. I am a military parts dist. We have to do finishes/heat treating all the time. What weight are you dealing with. I might be able to give you some refrences

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
what do you do that you need heat treating. I am a military parts dist. We have to do finishes/heat treating all the time. What weight are you dealing with. I might be able to give you some refrences

RoughedgesMR

We make heavy duty power transmission equipment to handle up to 5,000 hp. We are moving to vacuum carburizing (instead of atmosphere carburizing) on the gears when possible. I'm pretty much up on who can do a good job on our parts. And also who can't, LOL. We make some gears over 750 lbs. Some over 43" diameter. Big stuff usually. We make the transmission/steering units on a few military vehicles (XT1410 transmission for the Hercules tank retriever) and M9 ACE (armered combat earthmover) for some.

www.twindisc.com

:)

Check this out!!

http://www.twindisc.com/News/NewsItem.aspx?NPID=11&niid=275

RoughedgesMR

Jul 14, 2008
We make heavy duty power transmission equipment to handle up to 5,000 hp. We are moving to vacuum carburizing (instead of atmosphere carburizing) on the gears when possible. I'm pretty much up on who can do a good job on our parts. And also who can't, LOL. We make some gears over 750 lbs. Some over 43" diameter. Big stuff usually. We make the transmission/steering units on a few military vehicles (XT1410 transmission for the Hercules tank retriever) and M9 ACE (armered combat earthmover) for some.

www.twindisc.com

:)

Check this out!!

TwinDisc - News Item

very nice. We supply large(usually) orders for hardware. Nuts, bolts, rivets,
etc. We have over 30,000 part numbers. Most stocked. I am assuming you deal with large mfg. for you hardware?

Here is a company we started recently.

emergencyhardware.com

and the main company.

arlocorp.com

Let me know if i can sell you some hardware. ;)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I don't buy anything (thank God!!) but only make sure a heat treater is good enough to run our parts. And our purchasers probably buy the cheapest junk they can find... :D

Check your PM's!! You're on your own!! :D

Found an old results sheet with Chad on it. Look down at 72 total score. Zach shot 63!!

http://www.iowapga.com/results/iowaopenrd2.html

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Steve McQueen and I went to different high schools together, but not at the same time.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Pretty cool.
I once met a guy at the grocery store who's cousin had a friend that used to live next door to Cat Stevens.;)

Wi-Golfer

Well I have a lawyer nephew that used to be a security guard at Stevie Wonder's house in New Jersey while he was going to college. :D

And I met and talked with Ray Nitchke. :D

🔥 Latest posts