• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Met my first Shottalker.

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
I had the pleasure of meeting and playing a round of golf with Sandy yesterday.
And I mean it was a real pleasure!
Super nice guy.

We played at Cream Ridge Golf Club in Cream Ridge, NJ.
The weather was perfect.
The course was in very good shape.
Sandy shot very well.
As usual I played like crap.:(

We realized we both started out playing this game about the same time.
But he's light years ahead of me.
He hits the ball very nicely!

He's got a great sence of humor and fit right in with us rednecks!!!:laugh:

After the round we went down the road for lunch and got to watch the re-run of BBVII on 1 tv and coverage of The Players on another tv.
Seems this tavern must get alot of golfers there.

Sandy thank you for making that long trip to join us!
We all enjoyed your company and hope you can join our little group again in 2 weeks!:thumbs up:

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
:eek:

Aw, shucks!

It was a real pleasure to play with you guys, and one of the most enjoyable days - not just rounds of golf - I've had for a long time! You can DEFINITELY count on me coming down again soon as I had an absolute blast!

Still disappointed with the 102 I shot, but considering the total mess I made on the 17th (3 attempts to get over the water put a LOT of shots onto that total) and those tricky greens I'm not too downhearted. Oh, and the complication of playing in a SIX-some on those last 8 holes probably added a shot or two as well...

Very happy with the way I was swinging that 4w off the tee though, and the next time you see me I might have a couple of Bafflers in the bag rather than those Halos.

And I have to say that Greydawg's 117 was the most HONEST 117 I've ever seen anyone make! No mulligans anywhere, counting drops for lost balls, and never once did he take liberties when taking a drop, like dropping in a much easier area to get out of. Start taking those drops and mulligans like the rest of us do, and you'll be challenging 100 sooner than you know it! :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
:eek:

Aw, shucks!

It was a real pleasure to play with you guys, and one of the most enjoyable days - not just rounds of golf - I've had for a long time! You can DEFINITELY count on me coming down again soon as I had an absolute blast!

Still disappointed with the 102 I shot, but considering the total mess I made on the 17th (3 attempts to get over the water put a LOT of shots onto that total) and those tricky greens I'm not too downhearted. Oh, and the complication of playing in a SIX-some on those last 8 holes probably added a shot or two as well...

Very happy with the way I was swinging that 4w off the tee though, and the next time you see me I might have a couple of Bafflers in the bag rather than those Halos.

And I have to say that Greydawg's 117 was the most HONEST 117 I've ever seen anyone make! No mulligans anywhere, counting drops for lost balls, and never once did he take liberties when taking a drop, like dropping in a much easier area to get out of. Start taking those drops and mulligans like the rest of us do, and you'll be challenging 100 sooner than you know it! :laugh:

Mmmm....Bafflers....mmmm.

Sounds like you guys had a good time.

I think it was Bobby Jones who said, "you don't praise me for not robbing banks, so why should I congratulate you for playing golf by the rules?"

But I do - well done guys. It's tough to play by the rules. Sounds like you are honorable men. I would rather play golf with you than a single-digit capper who cheats. Any day.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Mmmm....Bafflers....mmmm.

Sounds like you guys had a good time.

I think it was Bobby Jones who said, "you don't praise me for not robbing banks, so why should I congratulate you for playing golf by the rules?"

But I do - well done guys. It's tough to play by the rules. Sounds like you are honorable men. I would rather play golf with you than a single-digit capper who cheats. Any day.

Eracer

WHAT? You wouldn't want to play with me? :( Oh, that's right. I'm not a single capper. :laugh: :laugh:

(JK, I don't cheat either)....

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
sounds like a nice round.. how about a linky to the course that you played??

Cream Ridge Golf Club

A really nice course, great facilities and much more testing than the course layout would suggest.

The biggest challenge were the lines of pine trees running down the sides to divide up the fairways - normally for me, if you hit your tee shot into the trees there's usually some way out where you have some sightline down the fairway so you can advance the ball towards the green. Not this course! If you're lucky you might have 45* punch shot out, but in most cases the only safe shot is to pitch out sideways and take your punishment!

Surprisingly the water isn't too much of a hazard despite there being so much of it (and there speaks a man who fired into it twice on the 17th!) but there are some REALLY tricky greens to hit. The 13th was a killer hole, with a high teebox, a big steep drop down to a large pond, and then a big rise again to an incredibly undulating green that's about level with the tees. Yesterday the flag was on the narrowest part of the green and right on what seemed the 'crown', so even if you hit the green you had every chance of rolling back off. Somehow I was the only one of our 6 who managed to hit it and hold it, which felt VERY good!

And I can say with absolute certainty that when Greydawg posted the other week about his 126 round, that will have included ever drop, lost ball and penalty stroke incurred that many of us would gloss over, and not a single mulligan anywhere - at one point yesterday he even played one shot off the top of the dirt road down the side of the fairway as it was still playable!

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Take any pics?

Next time we'll have to do that - not least as I want to see photographic evidence of the incredible bend in my driver shaft I apparently get on my downswing that they pointed out to me yesterday!

And also to show people that the person in my avatar ISN'T me!!! Apparently there's some confusion! :laugh:

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Next time we'll have to do that - not least as I want to see photographic evidence of the incredible bend in my driver shaft I apparently get on my downswing that they pointed out to me yesterday!

And also to show people that the person in my avatar ISN'T me!!! Apparently there's some confusion! :laugh:
Confusion is my middle name!!!!!!:ugly25:

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006

what!! you mean you arent that stud in your avatar??:laugh:

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Cream Ridge Golf Club

A really nice course, great facilities and much more testing than the course layout would suggest.

The biggest challenge were the lines of pine trees running down the sides to divide up the fairways - normally for me, if you hit your tee shot into the trees there's usually some way out where you have some sightline down the fairway so you can advance the ball towards the green. Not this course! If you're lucky you might have 45* punch shot out, but in most cases the only safe shot is to pitch out sideways and take your punishment!

Surprisingly the water isn't too much of a hazard despite there being so much of it (and there speaks a man who fired into it twice on the 17th!) but there are some REALLY tricky greens to hit. The 13th was a killer hole, with a high teebox, a big steep drop down to a large pond, and then a big rise again to an incredibly undulating green that's about level with the tees. Yesterday the flag was on the narrowest part of the green and right on what seemed the 'crown', so even if you hit the green you had every chance of rolling back off. Somehow I was the only one of our 6 who managed to hit it and hold it, which felt VERY good!

And I can say with absolute certainty that when Greydawg posted the other week about his 126 round, that will have included ever drop, lost ball and penalty stroke incurred that many of us would gloss over, and not a single mulligan anywhere - at one point yesterday he even played one shot off the top of the dirt road down the side of the fairway as it was still playable!

sounds like a nice course... the short course i play is a tester sometimes, because of those pines that you describe, i usually have the balls to hit it thru a 5 foot window, but never make it out... one day though!!

🔥 Latest posts