• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Met my first Shottalker.

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Aw Double Shucks!!!!

Thanks for the kind words, Sandy.
I'm really glad you had a nice time.

As for playing by the rules,
I just don't see the point of someone showing an 80 on his scorecard,
when he knows he actually shot a 90...
What's the point???

However I certainly don't begrudge anyone for taking a Mulligan or whatever.
Hell we're just "weekend warriors" looking to have a little fun is all.
I know I'll never be a pro,
but I'll try to play by their rules anyway.

And my friend, I didn't see you taking any shortcuts to victory either!!!

By the way I bought my Baffler DWS's at Dicks for $149.00 each,
just to give you an idea of the cost.
The way you were hitting mine I'm sure it'll be worth it to you!!!
('course now you'll really kick my arse!!!!!!!!!):laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You can still find the older model Baffler discounted for under $100. From what I hear the DWS isn't much different. Mine are the non-DWS version, and I feel no need to upgrade.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I hit Greydawg's on the range immediately after our round, as my 22* and 25* Halos aren't fitting my distance gaps at the moment. Now I can hit my 5i well, the 25* is only 5 yards longer, but the 22* is about 15 longer. My quandary is whether to just get the 19* Halo or to replace them with Bafflers - as I play Cobra irons the lofts for the 3 and 4 would be identical to the irons they're replacing.

The Bafflers felt like they had a much harder face on them and felt like slightly longer shafts than the Halos, but the ball rocketed off the face when you hit it pure. I think it might need a couple more hits before I'm sure of what to do, especially as I also like the look of the Callaway Heavenwoods that are down in price now too and have the same 20* and 23* lofts...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I hit Greydawg's on the range immediately after our round, as my 22* and 25* Halos aren't fitting my distance gaps at the moment. Now I can hit my 5i well, the 25* is only 5 yards longer, but the 22* is about 15 longer. My quandary is whether to just get the 19* Halo or to replace them with Bafflers - as I play Cobra irons the lofts for the 3 and 4 would be identical to the irons they're replacing.

The Bafflers felt like they had a much harder face on them and felt like slightly longer shafts than the Halos, but the ball rocketed off the face when you hit it pure. I think it might need a couple more hits before I'm sure of what to do, especially as I also like the look of the Callaway Heavenwoods that are down in price now too and have the same 20* and 23* lofts...

I've played CPRs, Hogans, Heavenwoods, Halos, and Bafflers. I don't know if it's the fact that the Bafflers have the Nippon steel shafts, but they are head and shoulders above the others, IMO

Tenn-Driver

Dec 3, 2006
Sounds like you two had a very enjoyable game...

Greydawg can get under your skin at times, give him time if he hasn't yet... LOL , however he is fun to play with.

I will be be heading up that way someday to give Greydawg his rematch he has been begging for and would love to see you Sandy as well...

I heard him talk about playing at Cream Ridge all the time, but he's never discribed any of the fairways to me.
I suppose he wants some type of edge on me... :laugh:

Your right though... Bob plays by the book and counts every stroke, ball and drop.
Personally I give myself 2 mulligans (1 for each 9)... then again like Greydawg, I'm still learning the game.

Glad y'all had a good game.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I heard him talk about playing at Cream Ridge all the time, but he's never discribed any of the fairways to me.

I bet he could give you an inch by inch description of the rough, the ground between and underneath the trees, of every single lake and creek, and even the dirt road that runs alongisde the holes that are around the edges of the course... :laugh:

Tenn-Driver

Dec 3, 2006
I bet he could give you an inch by inch description of the rough, the ground between and underneath the trees, of every single lake and creek, and even the dirt road that runs alongisde the holes that are around the edges of the course... :laugh:

You have to give the man credit... He plays every inch of the fairway and around it.... he no doubtly get his money's worth out of the game... :laugh:

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Anybody can hit the fairway-Boring!!!!!!

Absolutely!!!!!:thumbs up:
Reminds me of a hole we played last year.
3 made it over the water,
I drowned it!
So I said...
"You guys are supposed to be good, as big as the pond is,
I'm the only one who could make it in!!!!!":prop:

🔥 Latest posts