• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Michelle breaks par for a tourney!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Now if she'll just go to qualifying school and cut the crap. If she has so much confidence in her game she shouldn't fear it like it appears she does. Or maybe she just feels it is "below" her and she shouldn't have to bother getting on the tour doing that? :)

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
miracles will never cease. Do you actually believe she would get through Q School?!

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Now if she'll just go to qualifying school and cut the crap. If she has so much confidence in her game she shouldn't fear it like it appears she does. Or maybe she just feels it is "below" her and she shouldn't have to bother getting on the tour doing that? :)
Wie is unfortunately a product of her own (and BJ's) publicity. Ever since before she went pro she has been looking for angles and back doors to get into events. She is the archetypal spoilt brat who has never had to work for anything she's achieved and has instead relied on the generosity of sponsors and the 'circus freak' angle to play events she obviously has no business playing in. Her continual stream of excuses for poor play, and apparent refusal to attend tour school shows she still views professional golf as a god given right, instead of a privilege earned through hard work and talent, not sponsors invitations.

She obviously had a fair bit of natural talent to begin with, but it would appear that the exploitation and mismanagement has taken it's toll and now she is stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one side she doesn't have the results and money earned to gain automatic entry into the LPGA tour for 2009, but on the flip side the embarrassment of going to tour school would be a massive fall from grace for someone who made such a heralded arrival onto the professional scene such a short time ago. And her now fragile confidence may make putting herself in the position of being the highest paid female player in the game whilst not even being good enough to qualify at tour school, too scary an option. I personally hope she gets her head together, forgets any ideas about the PGA Tour, and fights her way through tour school back onto the LPGA tour, where she belongs.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I dont see her going through Q-School. I see her using sponsor exemptions. IMO, Wie isnt grown up enough to make it through Q-School.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Sponsors invitations don't last forever. I think she is just about at the end of the road for invitations. I think if she wants to play every week she has to go through tour school. But I agree that that's probably not gonna happen. She just thinks she's bigger than the game and shouldn't have to qualify to play on tour like the rest of them.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Yup, IMO she thinks that Q-School and playing her way in is somehow beneath her. As Im sure you can tell, I dont have much time or respect for Michelle Wie.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
To be fair, in principle Wie playing in tournaments is no different than the English only rule.

Wie makes money, the LPGA and PGA want money.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
To be fair, in principle Wie playing in tournaments is no different than the English only rule.

Wie makes money, the LPGA and PGA want money.
Maybe the LPGA can work out a trade.

Michelle Wie gives the Koreans english lessons. The Koreans give her golf lessons.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
With mandatory kissing and massages.
Oh man...sorry gotta switch to a different website for a minute or two.
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.