• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Michelle Wie disqualified

SunnyDaze

Dec 11, 2006
I'm going to step out and disagree with those suggesting the caddies should be partly reponsible for ensuring the completion of the score card. The LPGA caddies are already way too involved in their player's games and should not be allowed in the scoring tent. It is the player's responsibility to complete their card correctly - no one else's.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
I would also think that in the future her caddy, and every caddy should follow the player into the scores tent to confirm that the scorecard has been signed.

From what I understand (as I am not on tour - d'uh), most do.

If it weren't for her stellar performance with him on the bag and the fact that she looked very comfortable with her caddy*, I would say fire him.

*The announcers talked about him on the Friday broadcast. He's young instructor-in-training at the Ledbetter Academy named Tim Vickers. He played on the E-PGA's Challenge tour for awhile. Wie seemed to really get along with him. He was new on the bad this week, but had caddied for her before.

🔥 Latest posts