• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Michelle Wie Leads at Pinehurst

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Michelle Wie fired her second consecutive 68 on Friday. (Keith Allison)​
IT'S NOT QUITE MARTIN KAYMER'S record-breaking 65-65 start in the men's U.S. Open, but a pair of 68s looks mighty good to Michelle Wie and has propelled her into the lead of the U.S. Women's Open at Pinehurst No. 2. Her halfway total of 136 is 4 under on the par-70 course.

Playing early, Wie recorded 14 pars, three birdies and a lone bogey on the Donald Ross layout, which measured 6,291 yards on Friday. She hit 10 of 14 fairways, 14 of 18 greens and had 29 putts.

"I think this is the third stage of her professional career," said Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee.

"I think what we are seeing in Michelle Wie is that for the first time since she was a child, she can devote all of her energy to her professional career. She has made improvements in every aspect in that regard."

"What a great way to finish off her round," Golf Channel's Karen Stupples said about Wie, who birdied 8 and 9, her final two holes of the second round.

"Her stroke looks really good. I just hope she can continue that and keep it going. As the pressure increases, that is going to be the hardest thing for her."

First-round leader Stacy Lewis is currently 2 over through eight holes of her second round and trails Wie by three strokes.

Source: Michelle Wie Leads at Pinehurst

Members online

No members online now.