• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mid-Low launch shaft

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Im trying to get my hands on a tour burner tp 9.5 once i get my cheque next week, and I am looking for a mid to low launch shaft to try out with it.

I am hitting the ball very high, and would like something that wont help me get the ball any higher, cuz lets face it im already getting no roll, I dont need the ball to start coming back to the tee.

I would like to try a whiteboard, but i dont really have the finance to fund that project, if anyone knows of one that is affordable or knows of any other solid mid low launch shafts, im thinking in the 65-75g weight area.

Thanks guys!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have a Diamana TP graphics blueboard that I could part with. I know thats more mid launch than the whiteboard, and may not be what you're looking for but I have it. Pulled from an R5 TP.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Prolaunch Red is supposed to keep the launch down. But this has never been my problem.

drdrayton

Drayer10
Mar 27, 2009
I'm not sure what your SS is but mine is around 105 and the Aldila NV 65 S works very nicely. I takes me back to the persimmon and steel shaft days when you could get some decent roll out of a drive. It fires a medium height penetrating drive, not too low or too high, rather stiff for a 67 gram shaft but not too stiff. I would be careful not to go to stiff because it is very easy to do and then your stuck with a shaft that feels more like a 2x4. Good Luck!
Driver - TM R7 Quad TP 9.0 NV 65 S
3Wood - TM V-Steel 15 NVS 75 S
Hybrid - Cobra 20 Baffler VS Proto HL 65 S
Irons - TM Tour Burner 4-AW Project X 5.5
Wedges - Cleveland CG 10 - 54, 58
Putter - Titleist Dead Center SP-203

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I'm not sure what your SS is but mine is around 105 and the Aldila NV 65 S works very nicely. I takes me back to the persimmon and steel shaft days when you could get some decent roll out of a drive. It fires a medium height penetrating drive, not too low or too high, rather stiff for a 67 gram shaft but not too stiff. I would be careful not to go to stiff because it is very easy to do and then your stuck with a shaft that feels more like a 2x4. Good Luck!

edit: Noticed a first poster. Welcome to ST!

I hate to be harsh on your first post, but... The NV 65S is a whippy noodle. It is NOT stiff. It does NOT feel like a 2X4.

And instead of listing all your clubs in each post, you can go to the UserCP and edit your signature.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Cheap - Grafalloy Blue S (mid) or Graf Blue Tour S (low).

If you want to go huge dollars, most shafts that are listed by others aren't low launch. Most of the newer shafts are high launch, low spin. So, if you want something lower launch, you need to find the lower torque/tip stiff.

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I wouldn't bother with the Whiteboard. I didn't think it was all that at, especially at the price. Dispersion wasn't good and the soft butt section just felt weird. I'm biased though as i don't like any of the Diamana's except the Red as a fairway shaft. I hit that 909 with the Titleist BB and man if that's not the worst shaft I've ever hit I don't know what is.

BTW- if you really want a WB just get the TP logo one from the Tour Burner TP. You can get one for like $60-$70 if you hunt.

Edit again... TP Rombax 75 is another option. Take advantage of having a TMTP head, there are a lot of good shafts available for them.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I wouldn't bother with the Whiteboard. I didn't think it was all that at, especially at the price. Dispersion wasn't good and the soft butt section just felt weird. I'm biased though as i don't like any of the Diamana's except the Red as a fairway shaft. I hit that 909 with the Titleist BB and man if that's not the worst shaft I've ever hit I don't know what is.

The Evo is a simlar shaft. At driver length, you really have alot of soft butt in your hands. :beach3: Seriously tho, it failed in the driver for me. Balloon city. Killer as a FW tho.

Agreed, the BB is a POS IMO. Super soft to flex. Spinny as all hell.

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The Evo is a simlar shaft. At driver length, you really have alot of soft butt in your hands. :beach3: Seriously tho, it failed in the driver for me. Balloon city. Killer as a FW tho.

Agreed, the BB is a POS IMO. Super soft to flex. Spinny as all hell.

R35

I don't even like the real ones, you can imagine the Titty "made for" one. I love the look of the 909d2 but the only shaft they had in the one at the shop is the BB. I've heard the "made for" SVS is soft as $hit as well. Ah, I'm set with my driver for now anyway. Making that little cut work on every hole. 757 really is a great shaft for that flight.

🔥 Latest posts