• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
NO GOLF in the province of Ontario until at least June 2... and holy hell the people of this province are just loosing their god damn minds!! I’ve never seen or heard so much whining. I’m completely on the fence on this one, as an golf industry worker and someone who really wants to play, I do kinda get both sides... BUT I also have my young family to keep safe and if that means staying at home, my backyard mini course is just fine!! Members ONLY!
Ridiculous that they're not allowing golf. Sorry, but at this point, allowing zero golf is just pure horse shit.

Given the technology today, there needs to be exactly ZERO person to person contact between two people for someone to pay for and play a round of golf. So even at the absolute height of the pandemic, golf could be played safely. Let alone now...where 99% of the people that want to be vaccinated(even though it's not actually a vaccine but whatever) have been.

Golf around here is pretty much back to normal around here.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Ridiculous that they're not allowing golf. Sorry, but at this point, allowing zero golf is just pure horse shit.

Given the technology today, there needs to be exactly ZERO person to person contact between two people for someone to pay for and play a round of golf. So even at the absolute height of the pandemic, golf could be played safely. Let alone now...where 99% of the people that want to be vaccinated(even though it's not actually a vaccine but whatever) have been.

Golf around here is pretty much back to normal around here.

Ridiculous as it may be, I still understand it... I guess?!?! Not enough people do and that’s the problem!! Just last night another party shut down in a bar, that’s supposed to be closed anyway!!!

I do agree with you Clark, I’m not trying to start or continue this argument, golf can for sure be played safely and should be allowed. But will there be zero person to person contact?? I doubt it!! I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I played just a single round last year, during the ‘second wave.’ And it was the actions of my own family that turned me off. I had to babysit my FIL the entire time, he’s high risk, diabetic, all of the above. And just won’t wear a damn mask!! It was just too much for me... I’d still love to play alone somewhere!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Ridiculous as it may be, I still understand it... I guess?!?! Not enough people do and that’s the problem!! Just last night another party shut down in a bar, that’s supposed to be closed anyway!!!

I do agree with you Clark, I’m not trying to start or continue this argument, golf can for sure be played safely and should be allowed. But will there be zero person to person contact?? I doubt it!! I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I played just a single round last year, during the ‘second wave.’ And it was the actions of my own family that turned me off. I had to babysit my FIL the entire time, he’s high risk, diabetic, all of the above. And just won’t wear a damn mask!! It was just too much for me... I’d still love to play alone somewhere!

Tee’d off at 7:15 this past Saturday. Was the first out and only one in the front 9 for awhile. Clear skies, cool with a breeze and some music playing. If heaven exists, that must be close to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
First one in the arm, and what a wonderful sense of relief after!! It was very smooth, everyone was super nice and more or less in and out. After the wait of course.
Be prepared for some mild symptoms. I got the J&J and had basically no side effects but from what I hear the 2nd shot of the two-shotters (particularly Moderna) get railroaded for a day or three. But then it's all good and you won't die from Covid :cool:

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Be prepared for some mild symptoms. I got the J&J and had basically no side effects but from what I hear the 2nd shot of the two-shotters (particularly Moderna) get railroaded for a day or three. But then it's all good and you won't die from Covid :cool:

I’m part of the Pfizer crowd, so we’ll see what happens!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I’m 2 weeks past my 2nd Pfizer shot, didn’t hesitate to get it. The second shot knocked me down for about 12 hours. Wool up really tired and achy, tried to tough it out at wok but left early and crashed on the couch.

Next day I woke up fine. No more mask (mostly) for this guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Got woke up by the kids, nothing unusual there. I feel a little tired, but that’s not really any different either. My arm is kinda sore that’s about it... [emoji106]

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I have both jags now completed, Pfizer. Sore arm both times for about 24 hours, that was all. I'm now good to go. Mrs IG get her 2nd jag in mid June. The UK has done well, with 41% of the population fully vaccinated and 60% with at least one dose. I think by the end of August, we should be up to 75%, just in time for the next wave!!

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts