• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I hear you. I still haven't visited my dad in AZ even after my mom died in May, it's just too risky (he's 82) and he agrees.
Yep. Make it this far and wonder when the cancer diagnosis, heart attack, etc. hits. Never dreamed that it would be an unheard of pandemic. Sad we've lost so many and sad so many more have to change how we live our lives, trying our best to avoid this scourge.
Yesterday morning, I felt terrible out on the golf course. Of course, you immediately think... is it COVID? Immediately take another sip of coffee or take a whiff of the odor left by a skunk in the area in hopes you can still taste and smell. I could still taste and smell so felt comfortable it was nothing serious. Maybe we golfers will need to begin sniffing each other's balls to check our COVID status!!!! :>)

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Yep. Make it this far and wonder when the cancer diagnosis, heart attack, etc. hits. Never dreamed that it would be an unheard of pandemic. Sad we've lost so many and sad so many more have to change how we live our lives, trying our best to avoid this scourge.
Yesterday morning, I felt terrible out on the golf course. Of course, you immediately think... is it COVID? Immediately take another sip of coffee or take a whiff of the odor left by a skunk in the area in hopes you can still taste and smell. I could still taste and smell so felt comfortable it was nothing serious. Maybe we golfers will need to begin sniffing each other's balls to check our COVID status!!!! :>)
And...I'm out.

giphy.gif

I just took up dying of Covid as a new hobby.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Sorry for your loss man.
Thank you, sir.

It is amazing how sudden it was. He was the strongest 71 year old I've ever met.

Covid->Pneumonia->Ventilator->Infection->Heart/Kidney failure->Pull the plug.

It took three days from admission.

Praying for each of you and your families.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Lost my father to Covid-related... a few weeks ago. Prayers to all of you. Especially you old kodgers.
Damn...I'm truly sorry. I lost a friend to it, and a couple of weeks ago lost my nephew (19) in a tragic car accident. I know this is about Covid, but reality is, how they die really doesn't matter once they're gone. NOT taking away from your loss, simply what I realized when I visited the site of the accident...which my sister and bil can't do.

🔥 Latest posts