• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
SWMBO and have appointments tonight for vaccine dose #1. Florida is already in "everyone 65+" phase.
Total chaos, here. No one knows anything. A few of the politicians and CEO's have been vaccinated. They just moved the "over 75" to "over 65" but say it might be late February or early March before we have vaccine available. Watching some areas where people are receiving vaccine by the hundreds and others, like here, where we don't know anything. Local news, this morning, showed the CEO of a hospital getting his second dose. Our granddaughter who works the COVID ward at a nursing home hasn't even had it offered yet.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
My 5th back surgery scheduled for tomorrow just got cancelled, with no reschedule, due to some asshole deciding Covid patients have priority. I have been waiting for surgery since November, have had to go to and pay for appointments for MRIs, EKGs, labs, Covid tests, and have been in constant excruciating pain. I can't walk without a walker or I risk falling. And there is nothing I can do about it. If I ever do get another surgery appointment, I'll have to repeat all the tests and pay for them again, too. What a good health care system we have.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
My 5th back surgery scheduled for tomorrow just got cancelled, with no reschedule, due to some asshole deciding Covid patients have priority. I have been waiting for surgery since November, have had to go to and pay for appointments for MRIs, EKGs, labs, Covid tests, and have been in constant excruciating pain. I can't walk without a walker or I risk falling. And there is nothing I can do about it. If I ever do get another surgery appointment, I'll have to repeat all the tests and pay for them again, too. What a good health care system we have.
I hate to hear that man :(

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Man I’m so sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you FWIW

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Damn Sib, that sucks in ways I can't even imagine. Hang in there, man.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Jesus Christ Doc! Don't play the lottery any time soon. Your luck sucks right now.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
upload_2021-1-15_10-58-6.png

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Sooo....the no politics thing is off now? Or....
Good point, I hadn't realized how political the Governor was making it in the subsequent tweets. I've edited it to just the one image and I would like to say that I posted this with the sole intent of showing that we're out of vaccines which sucks for those of us who haven't been vaccinated yet, not about any anti-government stance.

If anyone still believes it to be too political I will gladly remove it.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

🔥 Latest posts