• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Miller is a jerk....it's a universal law....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That Johnny Miller. He never escapes anyone in the fact that he's just a jerk.

An excerpt from TSN's James Duthie's column and how he loves his TiVo because he can skip commentary like this during golf on television:

Roger Maltbie: "That’s a good-looking shot."
Dan Hicks: "Nicely done."
Johnny Miller: "I was better."

It never fails. The guy sucks as a commentator.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I got a subscription to GolfWeek a few months back and love it.

As the name implies - it comes every week and has coverage of the previous week's tournaments on USPGA, EuroPGA, US Senior, LPGA and college.

They also have one feature article every week. This week's article is on Nick Faldo and Paul Azinger and the success they are having in the ABC broadcast booth along with Mike Tirico. Previouly, Curtis Strange and Hal Sutton (shocking I know) were generating low ratings.

The article had a little chart that showed the most popular color commentator on the USPGA and there was Johnny, good ole #1....

The article went on to say that Faldo is bringing to the booth the same thing that Miller does - sharp, biting commentary. And that he and Zinger - despite have virtually no previous relationship in 20 years on the tour at the same time - have an interesting chemistry that is drawing viewers.

You either love him or hate him.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Good ole #1....based on what?

I'd be interested to know what basis that this pole was taken. I personally like Faldo and Zinger as they realize that they aren't perfect on and off the course and are happy to make fun of themselves.

Miller would never dream of doing that and would punch anyone in the mouth that would question him on it.

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Did anyone see the Academy Live with Miller on Monday night? Man, he is hilarious. "I don't know why no other pros teach this drill! It just makes perfect sense to me!"

Uh, Johnny, you're asking an amateur who can't control the direction of their club at any point to stop RIGHT at impact. What do you think will happen?

And did anyone else notice that Kelly Tilghman's makeup made her look...well...dead?

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I'm right there with you R35. Miller is to the PGA as Bill Walton is to the NBA. Both are just terrible.

I watch most all my golf on Tivo, more so not to have to watch these asses line up a 45-footer for 2 minutes, less so to not have to listen to the commentary.

Generally, I like all the commentators on every channel, except for Miller. I love Andy North and they should give him a LOT more airtime. He tells it like it is, and knows what he's talking about. You don't luck into 2 US Opens.

I know they have those polls and stuff and Miller is always at the top. I have no idea how.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I don't care for him either. He is the Howard Cosell of golf. And like Cosell, he drew viewers. I hit the mute button whenever Cosell opened his mouth.

Members online

No members online now.