• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mini Buds

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
...they'rrrrrrrrrrre grrrrrrrrrreat ! ! :D

What are your fav. beers ?

I like the Czech stuff, too - it is top notch :idhitit:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Gotta go with Heineken. Sadly, here in New Mexico, you have to go out of your way and pay your right nut for anything a little exotic. So my experience is mostly with American (yuck, piss), and the more popular import.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
as a non vermonter, I of course had to try the local micros, and larger scale local brews. There are quite a few here for such a small place:

Tour Vermont Breweries & Brewpubs

My favorite summer beers are Moosehead and Stella tho. We drink more wine now than beer really.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
WTF are Mini Buds...short Budweisers?

Favorite beer...probably Michelob Ultra as far as what I drink most often. I like to try any/all beers...and wines...and liquor....

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
Umm I like Dosequis hate heinikein* w.e. but if its a party and I dont care cause its cheap.. Silverbullets haha

Shh im 18 :p-- I mean uhh 21..

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Yuengling lager. America's oldest brewery, and its brewed only two hours away. Always deliciously fresh, and tastes great frosty cold, cold, cool, and luke-cool.

Yum. I'm going to go get one now. No wonder I'm chunky.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I'm rather fond of Smithwick's. Typically, I tend to drink a lot of ales, but I love a good lager or bock.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I too am in the Yuengling area of PA. Not a bad Lager and is about the lightest Beer I would ever drink, and the darkest my wife will drink. So it makes for a happy median, plus is available on tap about anywhere in PA. Personally I would drink something other than beer before I would drink most of the staple domestic beer in the USA like Bud. Or as I usually joke, I likely see finer beer when relieve myself in the Urinal after drinking my normal beer. :)

Here are a couple other threads that have some in depth opinions.
http://www.shottalk.com/forum/no-golf-you/3203-beer-golf-two-things-mix-occasion.html
http://www.shottalk.com/forum/no-golf-you/9061-beer-whats-your-pleasure.html

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
We had a long thread on this awhile ago and there are some real beer experts in here. I went out and bought all the ones that sounded the best. Hated every one of them. I love my Miller Draft Lite. :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Beer is kind of funny. Everyone has what they like. I know people who swear by American beer and don't like anything else. I can't stand most American beer.

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
I just dont like the beer when it feels thick and heavy.. I like the light taste but the amber color.. I guess thats why i like the Dosequis Amber, but i have to try the other one

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
XX is decent. Corona gives me a headache for some odd reason. I can drink plenty stronger, so I've no idea why.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I could develop quite a list here.

Corona
Heineken
Becks
Moosehead
Stella Artois
Hoegaarden
Pilsener Urquell
Boag's
Samuel Adams
Steinlager
Carlsberg
Grolsch
Tuborg
Nastro Azzuro
Haagen
James Squire
Dab
Bitburger
Beez Neez

Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head. Consider myself to be a bit of a connoisseur.
As a general rule the US has the worst tasting beer in the world IMHO. Sorry guys.
Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic and Denmark have the best and have had quite a few Canadian surprises aswell.

🔥 Latest posts