• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MINNESNOWTA HERE

What'saScore

I need an eraser
Feb 5, 2006
Hi all. I've been visiting this forum for a few weeks, found it on google by typing in golf forum. Seems like a great bunch of regulars. I'm 44 years old, married with 2 adult step-sons and a 12-year old daughter. Until last summer I played golf exactly twice in my life. Once about 23 years ago, and once about 5 years ago. I spent practically every snow free day since my junior year in High School building/working on race cars, and racing them 1-2 nights a week. A car wreck in 1999, (non-race related. Dam kamikazzee deer ran in front of me, resulting in a pretty bad rollover and cartwheel with my Jeep) forced me to quit racing in 2002. Permanent neck injuries and G-forces don't play well together. Started helping a buddy with his car. He had a bad roll in 2003, (race related, put a couple of new bumps on his head), and he decided that since he was over 50, it was time to hang up the helmet. He is only in Minnesota from April til October, and came up last spring a golfer. Between him bugging me to give it a try all summer, and my wife comming home from a company golf outing, her first, thinking golf is the next best thing to sliced bread, I decided to give it a try in September. Went out and bought myself a set of GS-10's, hit the links, and got hooked immediately. I swing like a rusty gate, and a successful day is when I find more balls than I lose.
Been practicing all winter at the year round range, and found myself a real nice used Nicklaus 430-S driver at a local hock shop for $40. Made one helluva difference on how well I can drive.
Enough rambling.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Welcome aboard, 'Score.

I hope you've found yourself a new home here at Shot Talk.

See you in the forum!:)

R35

randy

Mar 10, 2006
Hi everybody. just found this forum sitting here in usually snowy Minnesota. Hoping to find others to talk about golf.

🔥 Latest posts