• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MINT 2006 NIKE SASQUATCH TOUR 9.5° WITH GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH 65 (S)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
SSSSOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD!

Thanks for playing!
= = = = = = = = = =

The wife is starting to get suspicious so it's time to start unloading some of my armoury. This is a cool looking club. I just don't get the shaft. I am now waiting on delivery of a Tour Edge Exotics which will undoubtedly solve World Peace for me.

FYI - I have put this on eBay and would expect to get £180ish pounds. Discount and first dabs naturally go to ST'ers. Scotty this may fit your requirements - £170 no probs!! (The Grafalloy Prolaunch is 65S but is not that stiff, plays between a reg and a stiff - someone please chime in to confirm this!!)

And so to the pitch...

You are bidding on a mint condition 2006 Nike SasQuatch Tour 460 Ti (460cc) 9.5°driver with a Grafalloy Blue Pro-Launch 65 shaft in stiff flex, featuring:

1. The Blue Pro-Launch 65s shaft has a “2.8 TORQUE”, “MID-HIGH Launch Angle”
  2. Standard Length at 45 inches
  3. Swing Weight at D3
  4. Nike Universal Sq grip – very impressive – comfortable and tacky
  5. Matching SasQuatch Head Cover – which will get you noticed on the course!!

This club has a slightly taller and slightly smaller footprint than the "Standard Version". In addition the Tour head sits square, compared to the normal headed Sasquatch that sits toed in to prevent a slice (or encourage a hook!!). The "Pro Version" offers a more penetrating ball flight per Nike. It has a different feel and sound than the retail model. To learn more about this item, please refer to Nike's website at, www.nikegolf.com

ProLaunch is the first golf shaft developed, designed, and tested utilizing the latest in launch monitor technology in order to help golfers achieve optimal launch conditions for added distance. ProLaunch 65 is Grafalloy’s most popular weight for a wide range of players. It features a lower torque design for added stability. http://www.grafalloy.com/grafalloy/prolaunch65.asp

I would rate the club a conservative 9/10. I had taped the sole of it while demoing and it still has the shaft stickers on it.

Phew, I'm exhausted after all that!
CLUB 001.jpg
CLUB 002.jpg
CLUB 003.jpg
CLUB 008.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
So much nicer looking than the regular SQ. A very pretty club indeed.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
IG... It looks really nice... It's a really good deal... I'm not sure about it though... Two questions.

1. I was told to get a 10.5* driver, so what it the trajectory like on this? Would it be too low, or just right?

2. I've researched the Sasquatch, but I couldn't find one thing... Will it be legal in 2008? I'm not paying £170 for a driver, only to be able to use it for one and a half seasons!

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Scotty01292 said:
IG... It looks really nice... It's a really good deal... I'm not sure about it though... Two questions.

1. I was told to get a 10.5* driver, so what it the trajectory like on this? Would it be too low, or just right?

2. I've researched the Sasquatch, but I couldn't find one thing... Will it be legal in 2008? I'm not paying £170 for a driver, only to be able to use it for one and a half seasons!

Scotty
I don't know the answer to the first one. You probably have to demo a few models to find out shaft and lofts. Any chance you can get you hands on one of these at a local pro shop?

On the second question, this is a 2006 model. Sorta silly of Nike to bring it out and have it illegal less than 2 years later. No-one would buy these if that was the case, so rest easy. 2 years ago there were a bunch of drivers that were non-conforming, the governing bodies (R&A and USGA) gave everyone 3-4 years notice that they were going to be illegal. They are all listed on the R&A web-site.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I'm possibly going to the range today, but if not, i'll go sometime this weekend. I'll try and test out some different drivers..

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Whoever buys this driver must surely hit it better than Irish......!!

:D

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Andy_79 said:
Whoever buys this driver must surely hit it better than Irish......!!

:D

Chi Kay Bas Turd!!!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
VtDivot said:
So much nicer looking than the regular SQ. A very pretty club indeed.

Agreed. The regular SQ is just plain ugly. This club has potential.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
IrishGolfer said:
Chi Kay Bas Turd!!!!

Haha ;)

I want you to accelerate through the ball with a little more conviction tomorrow.

I am off to bed soon in preparation for a good round...:)

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
That is gorgeous. I'm about to ditch my trusty 983K. Maybe this is the chance I've been looking for, better consult with the CFO of the family.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online