• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Miserable golf weather

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I watched the local weather forecast in little while ago. The next four days are forecasted at, 99, 99, 100, and 99, with over 85% humidity. Then we have a cold snap coming through, the highs will only be 97 for the next few days after that.

Looks like any golf will have to played early mornings for the foreseeable future. :beach3:

Dew covered greens, here I come.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I would feel sympathetic, were the rain here not reaching Biblical quantities. It is never, ever going to dry out.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
I'm from the same weather as you dubbya (forecast is no less than 95 for the week), and because of this, and me having no golfing partner, I try to be the first one on the course. The dewy greens are a little rough at first, but being outside on a golf course when the sun really starts coming up is a great place to be. I think you'll enjoy it.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I would feel sympathetic, were the rain here not reaching Biblical quantities. It is never, ever going to dry out.

Need me to come rescue you with my boat Claire? :laugh:

I'm from the same weather as you dubbya (forecast is no less than 95 for the week), and because of this, and me having no golfing partner, I try to be the first one on the course. The dewy greens are a little rough at first, but being outside on a golf course when the sun really starts coming up is a great place to be. I think you'll enjoy it.

Oh I know I'll enjoy it once I get out there. I've played many a early morning round. I've got my carry bag all loaded up and ready to go in the morning. :thumbs up:

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Oh you big pansy a little heat never hurt anybo... wait... ok so some heat has hurt some people :p Just drink lots of water ;)

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
After a two day deluge on Thursday and Friday, we had sun and hot for Saturday and Sunday. As our course had three new ponds from the rain it was cart paths only so I got a little exercise over the weekend. Probably cost me five shots total as there were instances of bringing the wrong clubs for the type of lie I had once I got to the ball. I hate cart paths only golf.

Makes me cranky.

Kevin

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Yeah, I played Sunday; earliest teetime I could get at the course I wanted to play was 9am. By 0905 I was soaking wet with sweat. I quit playing with a glove after the 3rd hole as all 4 of them were soaked.

This course is in a nice retirement community, so everyone ahead of me moved like they were a hundred years old. I tried to figure out what game some of them were playing: it sure didn't look much like golf.

It was a fairly tough track, too: the tips were rated 7050 yards, 72.5 and 136 slope!!!

Why in the heck would you put a course like that in a retirement community where most people can't hit it more than 150 yards?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
90º today with about 134% humidty, just standing still the sweat is running into my eyes. I won't golf when it's like this as it's miserable. Would like to take my boat out but the Equinox is my tow vehicle & it's still in the shop.

Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse so I won't play golf again. Wed & Thurs I am Chicago for the NPE show so no golf. Depending on the weather I may get out sat or sun.

retexan599

Apr 20, 2009

I am also in the Houston area and teed off at 06:45 today. But by 09:30 I found the heat getting to me, so called it off after hole 13. Zero breeze today. But...it is either that or wait until October....

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I played this past Friday. Had a 10am tee time.

It was 92, with 85% humidity at tee off. Lucky for us, the place was a nice semi-private club.. Cart girls were seen 3 times on each side. Water at every other hole, and every 3rd hole, they had coolers at the tee boxes, with frozen rolled up towels to cool yourself off with. It helped a TON.

By the time we finished, I was beat.. The mercury was reading 102* at 2pm when we finished up, and I had no energy left.

I'm gonna try and do 9 tomorrow, and then we have 18 planned for Thursday and Sunday. They say it shouldn't get as hot as it did last week, but who the hell knows. It's summer in the South.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Ya bunch of candy asses :D

My biggest problem playing Saturday was that before I could take a shot the sweat would puddle on the inside of my sunglass lenses, so I couldn't see what the hell I was doing :faintthud

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
103º heat index by 10:30am? Good grief, I just finished 18, barely. I tee'ed off at 8:15, it wasn't too bad, kind of hazy with a little breeze blowing. But by the time I was on the 3rd hole the sun was out and the breeze had vanished.

I drank 64 oz of Powerade and still feel like I didn't drink enough. When I got home I checked the weather and its 95, 103º heat index. Its not even the hottest time of the summer yet!

Looks like this one is going to be a scorcher, :faintthud

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I hear you guys. Golfing in the morning is fun but if it isn't the dang heat it is the little bugs that swarm around you. Its funny when its 45° there is a 100MPH wind and then when it is 90°+ there isn't a breeze to be found!

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
YEP........Near 100 all week last week and pretty much the same this week here in wonderful Thomson/Warrenton, GA......played last wednesday and I was soaked by the 3rd hole...I dont wear gloves and by the time I was playing #15 or so, I couldnt get a grip.

🔥 Latest posts