• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Missing Sock

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've found a use for those socks with no match. Old Macgregor 9iron with 3 socks wrapped around the head and a little way up the shaft. Used some masking tape to ensure they stay on. I can full swing it in my living room and if I happen to hit the ceiling or a curious cat? No harm done. Also another sock is used under my left armpit while taking swings.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
If I hit my cat with a club with only 3 socks on it, I'd split open his spleen. Which brings me to the question, do cat's even have spleens?

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I bet even with sox wrapped around the head you could still do some damage...

And old sox make good jack rags also...:D

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I have a Gorilla head cover that is too big for my 3 wood. Put a mismatched sock inside of it and now fits quite well..

So the club now is known as SOCKO. Think Mick Foley the Pro Wrestler (Mankind???).

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
If I hit my cat with a club with only 3 socks on it, I'd split open his spleen. Which brings me to the question, do cat's even have spleens?

I just cut open my cat, Fluffy, to answer your question. Ummm, what's a spleen look like. Please hurry with the answer as my wife will be home soon and I need to put Fluffy back together or she'll be pissed!

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I actually have a cut down 7 iron to swing with in the house.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
My living room has cathedral ceilings, I can swing any club up to my hybrids and not hit the ceiling of the ceiling fan, well, if I stand in the right spot, :laugh:

Don't ask what happens if I'm not in the right spot, :emot-ange

🔥 Latest posts