• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mission Hills Resort Course

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Hey gang,

Has anybody out there played the Pete Dye course at the Westin Mission Hills Resort in Rancho Mirage, CA? I'll be down there in a couple of weeks and would like some info on what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

ps. No need to comment on the weather, I grew up in Palm Springs so I know it is miserable in July. :(

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
The weather is hot but the rates are good.

The course is top notch. It will play a little fast with the heat but it is very playable and the staff is exceptional.
It is not a tough course from the forward tees but the champion tees bring a lot of angles into play. If you are reasonably straight you will play well, everthing is fairly easy to see and the scorecards are accurate so you will not find any hidden dangers.
Have fun.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
obagain said:

The course is top notch. It will play a little fast with the heat but it is very playable and the staff is exceptional.
It is not a tough course from the forward tees but the champion tees bring a lot of angles into play. If you are reasonably straight you will play well, everthing is fairly easy to see and the scorecards are accurate so you will not find any hidden dangers.
Have fun.

Bob:

Seems like you have played courses all over the country...tell us about your experiences. How many do you estimate you have played??

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
just prayin' for <110deg

obagain said:

Have fun.

Thanks. I'm quite looking forward to it as I don't play real nice courses all that often so they really are a treat. Regardless of how I play I plan on enjoying the round and company.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I buy used golf clubs so I go to golf demo day all over the country. I guess I have played around 5000 courses.

Most of them are high end country clubs like Congressional, Inverness, El Dorado where people eagerly trade their old clubs for the new technology.
It is a great job and I have had several people try to do it them selves. The hard part is the pga guys are like a frat, they stick togather and don't like outsiders so it is tough getting started but once you are in it is much easier.
I will be in austin texas next week and then in Ohio the second week of Aug.
If any of you are near Cleveland, the sale at windmill lakes in ravenna should not be missed. They will have between 100-200 sets of irons, a 60' by 60' tent full of shoes and the same for clothing. The sale starts on wed. and they mark thing down all the way thru sunday.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
5000 courses...that is quite a number.

If you mind me asking - what is your top ten and why?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
5000 courses at an average of 4 hours a round, that's 2.3 years.

That's alot of golf, even with a small average per round.

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Or, if you play with the guy in my foursome last night, that's 22 1/3 years.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.