• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno Counterfeit

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I know there is a bunch of counterfeit crap on ebay but has anybody heard of any Mizuno Irons being Counterfeit?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
yes - I've read a ton of stories about guys picking up fake mizzies while on business in China - I wouldn't buy new golf equipment on ebay

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If it's on E-bay and it's new, don't buy it.

Used only. You're playing with fire otherwise. Unless it's from a reputable group like Rockbottom or GlobalGolf, I would avoid it like the plague.

R35

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
you're probably OK then - check them out when you get them, and if they don't seem quite right, send them back to the reputable seller - they'll probably make it right. Pay with a credit card so you can dispute the charge if all else fails. - good luck

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
While first reading this thread, I noticed that the ad banner at the top was for eBay. C'est ironique, non?

brillo

Leftswing
Dec 7, 2007
I just bought a used set of MP-32 from 3balls.com on Ebay. I hope they're not fake. They'll be here Monday. 3balls has been around for a while so maybe I'm OK. Anyone had any dealings with them?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I just bought a used set of MP-32 from 3balls.com on Ebay. I hope they're not fake. They'll be here Monday. 3balls has been around for a while so maybe I'm OK. Anyone had any dealings with them?
I bought from them a long time ago. No problem, as far as I can remember.

The problem is that there are two kinds of counterfeit clubs out there.

1. Those that an unscrupulous dealer buys in order to pawn off on an unsuspecting public.

2. Those that a high-volume dealer, who can't possibly check his inventory, doesn't even know are fake.

brillo

Leftswing
Dec 7, 2007
How would I be able to tell if they are fake? I've hit some clone clubs that my friends had that didn't hit that bad. Other than just the feel of them, is there any other way to tell?

grayson311

Apr 13, 2008
there is some info on ebay about this...apparently the fakes have too many numbers in the serial number but im really not sure. ive seen the serial numbers look different on different sets of mx23s ive had. some were in small print on the back of the hosel, the others were a bit bigger on the band near the bottom.

Bossman641

Jan 10, 2007
I'd ask for the serial numbers on set. Check them with Mizuno and see what they say. I bought a used set of 32's off ebay. Seller said they were 1/2" long and 3 degrees upright. I emailed Mizuno asking for the specs and they gave me the same thing. That's good enough for me.

brillo

Leftswing
Dec 7, 2007
You have to be careful even if you call Mizuno and the serial number checks out. I talked to a Callaway rep that said there are people out there getting legit serial numbers off of clubs in the store and they are stamping them on hundreds of sets of clones.

🔥 Latest posts