• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno Custom Fitting

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Just as a means for comparison, PA, I picked my 60s up a couple of weeks back on e-bay from an authorized dealer/fitter in Wyoming (I'm in NJ). New set, precision rifle 5.5's, standard tour velvet grips. Bent to 1* upright. Cost me ~$725, with shipping and no tax.

By your figs, the price should have been ~$1000.

Now, I've been fitted before, and build clubs for fun, so I'm pretty comfortable with my specs, and with the added 3i that I practice with but will never take to the course. However, the extra $$ you'll pay the fitter is money well spent.

Plus, he should do minor follow-up adjustments for gratis after you get the set.

Good luck with them! I'm actually gonna take mine out in the next week or so--maybe even tomorrow(!)--if the weather holds.
Do you have the name of who you got them from. I have seen similar by authorized dealers including this one.
eBay: YOUR SPECS Mizuno Golf MP-60/MP-67 Combo Irons 6-Pc Set (item 190088315964 end time Mar-08-07 17:21:02 PST)

Basically $135 cheaper than what I was quoted on 6 clubs. Minus the 12 S&H, so for $120 it would seem worth the fitting, even though I am fairly comfortable with my current set up on Lie. Any guess how how he will do on the shaft. He seemed convinced the Flighted Rifles were the way to go, assuming he didn't see anything to the contrary with my swings. I may be leaning towards the Nippon, but want to find a place that possibly has both to compare. Just seemed odd that The Flighted are $8, and the grip $3.50 for one authorized fitter and $17.50 and $5 for another. I will take a look around. Had I had the opportunity today, they had a demo day about 1 1/2 hour south of here with a flightscope.

I will probably take a look around south of here, or in Jersey to see the prices. If they are even somewhat comparable I will likely go here or look for other demo days.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Do you have the name of who you got them from?

It was Garry's Golf Shop in Rock Springs, WY. His e-bay name is "chowchow" if you want to look him up.

But again, for an extra $120, I wouldn't think twice. It's well worth it, particularly if you've never been fitted before.

And I really like the feel and flight I get with Precision Rifles, FWIW.... ;)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
It was Garry's Golf Shop in Rock Springs, WY. His e-bay name is "chowchow" if you want to look him up.

But again, for an extra $120, I wouldn't think twice. It's well worth it, particularly if you've never been fitted before.

And I really like the feel and flight I get with Precision Rifles, FWIW.... ;)
Thanks!!!
I was fitted for my current clubs 4 years ago, and I kind of test out my lie at home every year and it appears to remain the same. Although I am pretty positive I will get fitted again this time around, as my key this time is to try and match up a shaft that suits my needs. Since I don't know a ton, I plan on finding the one that feels the best and make sure it suits my needs. When fitted for my Pings this wasn't much of an issue. The two shaft options were CS Lite and CS Lite w/cushin inserts. My grip will not change regardless. Also I am 1* upright, the Mizuno are about 3/4* to 1* upright of the stock Pings. Based on my experience with the place I went, I am pretty sure he will test the lies when they come in, and will likely not charge me much if any to check them out every year.

To be real honest, the way I am it is worth $120 just for being able to buy them in person and have this kind of stuff done, even the the lie is identical, and the shaft is what I initially like. Actually it is likely worth a good part of that just to learn alot more about the clubs and extra information that is volunteered during the process. Plus knowing if I have an issue, I will likely get it fixed that day if they can on site, or take care of sending it back if need be for more serious issues.

He is an independent and is also the type that volunteers information when you go in for stuff to make sure you understand, and cuts you deals even when you don't ask. I am also going to check with my home course and probably a couple other places that are authorized for Mizunos, in the end though it is unlikely I would ever buy clubs without getting fitting. I bought my current irons 4 years ago and am not real happy I didn't get more out of them. I figure alot can change in a period of 4 years. Doesn't hurt to know others that are authorized though. If I ever do something stupid, like take out a rock with a 6i, I wouldn't have a problem saving a few bucks and ordering a replacement online to match my existing specs.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.