• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno fever

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
OK - my buddy the tall one (6'7") gets an r7 from his brothers for his birthday.

And then Mom gives him a smooth $1000 and says, "go buy what you want dear from the pro shop".

He asks me at the birthday party (after I mowed down his mailbox) what he should look at in the iron department. I said, that everybody is loving these Mizunos now...

So before we tee off, he has an MX-30 and an MX-23 6 iron. Also the Cally fusion 6 iron too.

And we are playing with a guest. Never played with the guy but he has a pretty good game. We start walking down the fairway talking about irons and he says, "A year ago - I started playing with Mizuno's and love them. Played everything before that, Pings, Titleist, Cally and I love these...he has the MX - 23's...

So if I were a betting man, I would put some money on a new set of Mizuno's going in the Tall Ones bag in the next two weeks.

They are beautiful....

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I have always tohught mizuno are the best iron available as they are all I have ever played. They consistently make good irons all the time and everyone buys them I evem like the mx-23 which have pretty big cavitys.

I wouldn't chnage well I might for a brand new set of tittys 635.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bravo said:
They are beautiful....

That's great that you can talk about your friends that way.... :p

So he was sold on the Miz's? How did he like the Fusion?

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I don't like the carbon fibre back peice. Makes them look cheap.

This coming from a guy that loves just about everything Cally....

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I think he fell in love with the look of the Mizuno...that thin top line.

I hit the Cally on the range and found it to be very easy to hit.

I would love to look at new irons but must wait awhile...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Another set I would love to have a go with is the forged blades from KGZ. They look so sweet.

Too bad there's no one around here that would sell them. Maybe in Ontario.

They have a cavity back set too. Both forged sets are made in Japan are are clinically mirror images as you go from PW up to the 2 iron. Very, very nice.

And my heart still longs for the 675M's from MacGregor.....

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
rockford35 said:
Another set I would love to have a go with is the forged blades from KGZ. They look so sweet.

Too bad there's no one around here that would sell them. Maybe in Ontario.

They have a cavity back set too. Both forged sets are made in Japan are are clinically mirror images as you go from PW up to the 2 iron. Very, very nice.

And my heart still longs for the 675M's from MacGregor.....

R35

Rock, one of the guys from Urban Links also works at the clubfitter's two doors down plays those KZGs and swears by them. They make them there if you REALLY wanted a set (although with Mizzies, why would you?), I'm sure we could get them to you.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
True this.

I think KZG's aren't as popular because they aren't exposed as much as Mizuno. But honestly, everyone that I know that's tried them always says "I'd give up any irons to play these".

I dunno. I wouldn't give up the Zo's, but i'd like to give the KZG's a shot, just for kicks...

R35

Maverick

*mmuah*
Mar 23, 2005
I play with Mizuno Pro's (about 10 yrs old) but hey are still awesome. Once you go Mizuno that's about it.

Mizuno MPed

Fore!
Mar 11, 2005
yeah but im getting extra cash bc i jsut sold my car :( (my m3) so i am tempted to get the kzg blades. What was the zero offset btw? forgot what offset and no offset meant.. lol :)

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
You will love the kzg's. If they had any body playing them on tour they would be huge.

🔥 Latest posts