• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno Fitting

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Not gonna elaborate here as am extremely wrecked after two nights of partying, delayed flights and an torment-filled day at work the day, but had Mizuno fitting yesterday in what has been hailed as Mizuno's #1 worldwide fitting centre !

Was hitting 6-irons 190-plus...pure stripin' them, like !! Ended up getting fitted for Rifle 6.5, 1/2 inch longer than standard, 1 degree up.
Gonna go for MP Fli-Hi 3 and 4-iron, and get 5-PW in the MP-67's.
Had great long chat with the fitting guy. He even threw in their premium glove effort, one of those ExoFlex gloves and a MP100 hat clip marker package that'll fetch loads on ebay.

That's it - am away to curl up and die as am both broke and wrecked. Putting as much as I can on ebay on 10 day auctions this weekend. Get on it !!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Does that mean you're getting them? What about those TM TP bad boys

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Did you go sledgeing? I take it that the fitting was done indoors or was your 190 yard 6 iron with those 100mph tail winds?

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Guy who was fitting me said "you're hitting those an incredible distance !" lol. He's a plus-two man at Western Gailes wanting to get "back down", too !! He told me a story of when he got his MP67s and hit the very first shot with his 5-iron straight into the hole on a par-3. Took the club home and never plans to use it again. Said he is gonna get it framed. How cool a story is that ?!? :D :)

Mark: Gonna get them ordered avec le Pro asap. Pay him a tonne a month, or summat.

Manc: No, all indoor. We're lucky we got a taxi there as all the town's taxis called their cabs in to base due to severe weather...!!

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Oh, and the TP TM's aren't getting used again, I don't think. Are going on ebay in March time. Besides, they're too weak. Too many undersoil stones on our course that'll devalue them, anyroads...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
He told me a story of when he got his MP67s and hit the very first shot with his 5-iron straight into the hole on a par-3. Took the club home and never plans to use it again. Said he is gonna get it framed. How cool a story is that ?!? :D :)
I was up in the air about replacing my wedges prior to having an Ace with my SW in December.

I then thought, how can I replace it after something like that, then decided to retired it prior to playing my next round. That will be the last time the club will be used. It will end up on the wall in my basement next to the case with the ball, picture of the hole and scorecard.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I was up in the air about replacing my wedges prior to having an Ace with my SW in December.

I then thought, how can I replace it after something like that, then decided to retired it prior to playing my next round. That will be the last time the club will be used. It will end up on the wall in my basement next to the case with the ball, picture of the hole and scorecard.

The ace will soon be a distant memory and you'll wonder why you ever kept that wedge.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I am now beginning to contemplate replacing the MP Fli-Hi I initially intended getting with the 3 and 4-iron from the MP60 series. I have just rang up Mizuno and as I expected, they stated that I would be permitted to do this for what they expected to be no additional charge.
If I wanted to do it, I would simply have to get my local Mizuno account holder whom I will be putting the order with to change the description of what I want with Mizuno when placing the order.
What does everything think about this change ? The 3 and 4-iron of the MP60's is extremely similar to the look and appearance of my current Taylor Made 300 forged set which I love everything about, so for that reason alone it would be a good thing to go ahead and change it to doing that.
I just am not particuarly struck on the MP Fli-Hi's looks, and also feel that due to their wider sole, I might have to adapt to a long iron fairway shot more in summer conditions when the fairways are very firm & slick.

Has anyone any opinions....? :)

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Come on, lads, help me out here, for goodness sake..!! :)

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I'm not in your league as a golfer but if you want an opinion I'll have a crack.

I'd go for the MP60's - as you say they are similar to a club you feel confident with and will give you a more consistent feel through the set.

It's an enviable situation you are in, either way I don't think you'll suffer too much but for me the 3-4 iron with MP60s looks the more attractive option.

2p donated.....

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have no trouble with an MP-60 3iron off the fairway. I am about 11 for 11 off the deck and tee with it so far, 195-215 yds. Even had to take relief from the 150 button once, that's dead center of the fairway. Out of the rough, different story. Grand total of about 112yds., and that's off 3 shots.
icon10.gif
I'm getting a 4iron or having that 3 bent to 23* temporarily and adding a 21* Sonartec MD.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Think I am gonna plump for the MP60's, y'know. Cheers, y'all...

jho786

Aug 9, 2006
Andy, how much did you pay for the total set, including the custom shafts and all that? Im interested to know since Ill be getting fitted for the MP-67's soon

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I'm not sure, mate. I have just today left word with the Pro to change my order for theem slightly in that I am getting just 3 layers of tape on the grips and am gonna change from the MP Fli Hi to MP60 in the 3 and 4-iron. Was half thinking about doing the 5-iron the same as the 3 and 4, but didn't bother.
I was our Pro's right-hand man for a long time, so I am guessing he'll do me a very good price. Hopefully he will orer them this avo as I would like toi have them for a competition next Saturday. Just got two setss of sticks to get shot of now....:D

🔥 Latest posts