• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno iron questions

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm going to do it. Next season I will have a brand new set of Mizuno irons. I've always wanted them and now I am. I am leaning toward the MP-H5. But they make the MP-25 and JPX-EZ series and on and on. Anyone here know anything about these? Which would you choose?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I'm going to do it. Next season I will have a brand new set of Mizuno irons. I've always wanted them and now I am. I am leaning toward the MP-H5. But they make the MP-25 and JPX-EZ series and on and on. Anyone here know anything about these? Which would you choose?
Those H5's are sweet. I like the forged JPX's too but honestly the cast JPX's feel just as good. You can't hardly go wrong with Mizuno.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Just hold on a bit Jerry. Nick will be selling his almost new Mizunos any day now.
No, I keep flirting with the idea but its not going to happen.

I game the JPX cast 800's and they are quite simply the best club I have ever hit. Huge sweet spot, can work the ball if you have the skill (which I try but can't). They are a high ball hitting club with good to great spin.

Probably not as buttery smooth as their forged offering but good enough for this hack. Highly recommended!!!

Last edited:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
From memory, Luke Donald plays the MP h5 which probably means that they're not meant for someone with a 5 dollar swing.

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I've been playing the MP line of mizunos for a while but I'd definitely give the 850 forged a look. MP64s, MP57s and MP53s are all awesome irons as well.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I would choose the PINGs, seriously. Mizuno's are good clubs and eye candy, but may or may not be the best clubs for your game. Go slow, get fitted, demo the selection and choose wisely.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Luke Donald is a hack so that's why he uses them... :D Been reading all the reviews and one guy said the H5's were easier to hit then the JPX's. That's why I started this thread. I've got time before the tundra thaws. Gave up deer hunting (and freezing my ass), sold my rifle, and now have the money. Always liked my S59 Pings so I don't see any problem with the H5's. I learned this game with muscle back McGregor's.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I would choose the PINGs, seriously. Mizuno's are good clubs and eye candy, but may or may not be the best clubs for your game. Go slow, get fitted, demo the selection and choose wisely.
Have you tried the JPX line? I think you'd like them.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I have a set of the MP H5 and JPX EZ forged. Both are great and easily played by a mid handicap. I was not impressed by their cast clubs. If you are springing for Mizunos, get forged. That is what they do.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Luke Donald is a hack so that's why he uses them... :D Been reading all the reviews and one guy said the H5's were easier to hit then the JPX's. That's why I started this thread. I've got time before the tundra thaws. Gave up deer hunting (and freezing my ass), sold my rifle, and now have the money. Always liked my S59 Pings so I don't see any problem with the H5's. I learned this game with muscle back McGregor's.

I didn't mean that you had a $5 swing. More like $5.50. ;)

Last edited:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
You've got more clubs than a Play It Again Sports.

Actually I don't. I don't hoard, I buy and sell. Current inventory is:

PING K15 Driver, 3w, 5w. TM Super Tri driver, Aeroburner Mini-Driver, Adams Super S 3w, 5w. TM Superfast 4H. PING Karsten irons (5-W), G10 UW, SW. PING G5 irons (4-SW, for sale). PING Eye 2 irons (sold, not delivered) (3-SW). Gigagolf TRX irons (7-GW). Odyssey 2Ball putter, V-Line putter, Tour Edge Backdraft putter. Scotty Cameron putter coming for Christmas.

I sold everything else. The Eye 2 irons are sold but not delivered and the G5 irons are for sale. I'm a lightweight when it comes to hoarding.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts