• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno iron questions

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I had a set of the MP-H5's for two rounds and dumped them. Have played lots of Mizunos over the years.... MP32, MP33, MP29. IIRC, had at least 3 sets of the MP33's. I really did not like the MP-H5's. However, it was probably the shaft more than the club.
Have heard nothing but good about the JPX line. And, the 850 forged is awesome.

There's no better feeling in golf than a ball coming off the face of a Mizuno iron... hit well. The last set I played any length of time were MP32's. Just finally decided I didn't have the game for the MP line. Should never have picked up the MP-H5's, but 'pretty' trumped common sense. I would certainly recommend hitting balls with any Mizuno irons before taking a big leap. From your G5's to the MP series would be a significant change. At our age, we need to enjoy the game... not work at it. I'd really look hard at the JPX or the 850 forged as a "first step".

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I had a set of the MP-H5's for two rounds and dumped them. Have played lots of Mizunos over the years.... MP32, MP33, MP29. IIRC, had at least 3 sets of the MP33's. I really did not like the MP-H5's. However, it was probably the shaft more than the club.
Have heard nothing but good about the JPX line. And, the 850 forged is awesome.

There's no better feeling in golf than a ball coming off the face of a Mizuno iron... hit well. The last set I played any length of time were MP32's. Just finally decided I didn't have the game for the MP line. Should never have picked up the MP-H5's, but 'pretty' trumped common sense. I would certainly recommend hitting balls with any Mizuno irons before taking a big leap. From your G5's to the MP series would be a significant change. At our age, we need to enjoy the game... not work at it. I'd really look hard at the JPX or the 850 forged as a "first step".
JPX for the win. Thread closed.

:D

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
JPX for the win. Thread closed.

:D
Golden Bear wrist snappers for the win. Thread open!

bearlo111.jpg

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
MX-23's were one of my favorite sets of irons.

From what I saw on their website, I really like the MP-54's.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
If I didn't have such a desire to play Wilson Staff everything, I'd go back to the JPX 800 pro irons. Pure butter melting magic sticks those were.
But alas, id recommend you buy the Wilson Staff FG Tour v4 irons.

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I just picked up a set of MP53 heads for $95 on ebay that I plan on migrating to from the MP57s this winter. It's really crazy how cheap you can get some great irons for as long as you're not obsessed with bag chatter marks.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Spent a fun afternoon at Golf Galaxy trying all kinds of irons. They have a fantastic setup where you can hit just about any head/shaft combination of all the club makers except Srixon. I hit the Mizuno JPX-EZ, JPX-850, JPX-850 forged, Callaway Apex forged, and Ping S55. You'll never guess which was the prettiest and also easiest to hit. Some were easy to hit but I lost 10 yards off my G5 distance. I'll let you guess awhile before I tell you.

🔥 Latest posts