• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno jpx 825 pro's vs. 800's

bjrmath

Oct 29, 2012
Down between these two models. Need feedback on justifying spending more on the 825's vs 800's. I realize there has been a few adjustments in forgiveness. However, I'm a very consistent ball striker with my irons. Would the newer model be worth it? I need some weight it my conversation with my wife why I'm in need of the newer model.

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
The 800 Pros would not be difficult to hit for a consistent ball striker. The longer irons are a little tougher for the average player, but I have hit them well down to 5 iron. That feel is just awesome. I didn't hit the 4 as good as standard JPX-800 4, so I chose to stay with the cast 800 4 iron. I own the cast JPX-800 with graphite shafts, and a great condition set of JPX-800 Pros with the 300 shafts. I have about decided for my game to stick with the JPX-800 and would am considering selling my set of 800 Pros. If I don't sell them, I will probably continue to hit a combo set of JPX800/Pros Pros on low end, and 800s on longer irons. I have hit Pings most of my golfing life. (Eye 2, and ISI) But IMO, both the 800 sets by far are my favorites over those earlier clubs I hit. Great golf clubs.

🔥 Latest posts