• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno MP-R Wedges and others

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
2 questions:

1. Why is it that a lot of people like Mizuno irons but not their wedges? Both their irons and wedges are grain forged so should be the same no?

2. How does MP-R Wedges compared to CG10 or Vokey SM? What are the pros and cons of Mizuno wedges compared to these two or other popular wedges in the market?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The MP-R's have a sole grind. I didn't like them at all and had big problems with them digging. The MP and MP-T's were much better. Mizuno's have a more rounded sole than the Vokey's. I have Vokey's now and like the more square sole. I find the Vokey's more consistant but it's all personal preference.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
The MP-R's have a sole grind. I didn't like them at all and had big problems with them digging. The MP and MP-T's were much better. Mizuno's have a more rounded sole than the Vokey's. I have Vokey's now and like the more square sole. I find the Vokey's more consistant but it's all personal preference.

Perfect example: I have one of Ez's MP-R's and like it. I had no problem with it digging, it actually slides under the ball almost too easily for me (isn't that a great problem to have!). The only reason I'm not playing it is I still prefer my rac black TP's. But, I'd recommend the R's to anyone based on my experience.

I agree with ezra about the rounded soles.

It ultimately comes down to your preference. You should try them to see the differences.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have two MP Mizuno's for sale if you (or anyone) are interested. 60* and 54*....

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I think the MP-R feels heavier than the Vokey and the reason I opted for it in my SW. IMO, Ping Tour is another great wedge if you like the feel of the MP-R. I do not miss a beat with my setup on the wedges in my signature.

sidewinder

Feb 8, 2007
Every time I am in San Antonio, I eat at Rudy's as many time as I can. I love that place!! And I prefer the Leon Springs location....

S-

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Jay,

Do you find the MP-30 PW heavy? I did, so I swapped it for an MP 50* and bent it strong.

Just curious...

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Every time I am in San Antonio, I eat at Rudy's as many time as I can. I love that place!! And I prefer the Leon Springs location....

S-

I've only eaten there once, last October, when I was in Austin playing golf with DaveE. I've tried to order that sauce 3 times, but I always get the runaround some way or another.

I just couldn't beleive how cheap it was. I bought lunch and expected it to be $30. I think our bill was $14, with beers.

R35

🔥 Latest posts