• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno MP-R

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Anyone try them yet? Comparisons to MP or MP-T? I'm debating on trying one as a GW first in the BN. I may go with them or the TM Y-cutters for next year. I have the 58* TM, it's good but not super impressed. Lacks a bit of the feel I love from the Mizzy's. Wedges are basically wedges IMO, the most important thing to me at this point is that I can open it wide without turning it from an 08 to an 18 bounce. The TM is supposed to have a heel relief grind, needs a bit more, I want to flop it off the cart path.
icon10.gif

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Wedges are not created equil. You need to look at the type of grass you play, the dirt in traps. How deep are the traps. All these variables will go into the selection process.
Some have rounded soles, some have a rounded leading edge.
Some are heavier.
For feel mizuno is great but I don't like their grinds, I have mine ground different for the type courses I play most.
I also like them heavy, it promotes a steep angle which helps me keep my hands back better.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I play mostly off tighter lies, harder sand in the bunkers. Some bunkers pretty high (well above my head). A very common situation is to be stuck on the side or back of an elevated green off a super tight lie, sometimes hardpan. I have been doing OK with the 54-09 MP and the 58-08 TMTP but looking for something I can open up a bit more off the tight lies. Wouldn't even consider anything over a 10 bounce. I also like to open and close the face for chip trajectories, works great until I run into these tight lies.

🔥 Latest posts