• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno New Cross Eight 501

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
another 5 pc ball being released.

Mizuno is releasing their all new high performance next generation Cross Eight ball on September 10th. Like Taylormade and it's FIVE ball, the new Cross Eight 501 will feature a premium 5 piece construction. The new 501 ball is made for soft feel and big carry off the tee. The distance comes from the compression of the cross ribbed core on impact, and it's superball like rebound capabilities. The construction of the ball progress from soft to hard from inside out creating a ball that spins low and does not balloon off the tee thanks to higher swing speeds that activate the softer cores, to a ball that produces max spin around the greens due to a harder mantle and outer cover.

awww.golftoimpress.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_08_501BALL11.jpg

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Have never played a Mizuno ball in my life, but I will surely like to try this one! Hope price doesn't come along the Penta line though

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
We've never seen a Mizuno ball marketed in the U.S. Do they have their own manufacturing facility? Or, is one of the U.S. manufacturers doing the work?
It will be interesting to see if a relatively new ball manufacturer/marketer can make it without prominence on Tour. Titleist has always been the big name. Callaway has put their ball in the hands of the many folks who are under contract to play their clubs. Likewise, Bridgestone and Nike have seen to it their players are "benefitted" if they play that specific brand of ball. Srixon bought Cleveland and now has a number of players using their ball. TMAG has a growing number of players and will probably begin putting more pressure on those that carry the logo of Taylor Made.
There just aren't that many who carry Mizzy bags. Other than Luke Donald, you just don't see the Mizzy name on many televised broadcasts. Mizzy still makes some awesome forgings, but I can't remember the last time I saw a set at our local course.
Pro Shops are inundated with balls. If they carry 3 or 4 models of Titty, 2 or 3 models of Srixon, 3 models of Callaway plus some Top Rocks, some Bridgestones, and some Nikes... there is significant money tied up in just golf balls. With the economy in the tank, will owners take money out of their pocket to put Mizzy balls on the shelves??

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
these are marketed in Japan, as far as i know. and, surely it will be a $50+ /box .

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Mizuno has made their own balls for years, they just havent been available in the U.S. You can buy them on Tourspecgolf.com, not sure if they are worth the cost though. The shipping costs of getting a lot of that JDM stuff is crazy.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
We've never seen a Mizuno ball marketed in the U.S. Do they have their own manufacturing facility? Or, is one of the U.S. manufacturers doing the work?
It will be interesting to see if a relatively new ball manufacturer/marketer can make it without prominence on Tour. Titleist has always been the big name. Callaway has put their ball in the hands of the many folks who are under contract to play their clubs. Likewise, Bridgestone and Nike have seen to it their players are "benefitted" if they play that specific brand of ball. Srixon bought Cleveland and now has a number of players using their ball. TMAG has a growing number of players and will probably begin putting more pressure on those that carry the logo of Taylor Made.
There just aren't that many who carry Mizzy bags. Other than Luke Donald, you just don't see the Mizzy name on many televised broadcasts. Mizzy still makes some awesome forgings, but I can't remember the last time I saw a set at our local course.
Pro Shops are inundated with balls. If they carry 3 or 4 models of Titty, 2 or 3 models of Srixon, 3 models of Callaway plus some Top Rocks, some Bridgestones, and some Nikes... there is significant money tied up in just golf balls. With the economy in the tank, will owners take money out of their pocket to put Mizzy balls on the shelves??

Luke Donald, Jeff Overton and Jonathon Byrd are the only 2 that I can think of that play Mizzy. I'm pretty sure that they only play the irons and maybe the wedges. Last I knew Donald was using a Titleist driver and OVerton uses a TM I think. Not sure what Byrd hits. I thought Mizzy would gain a few more players when Cally bought the HOgan line and Shelved it. I guess money still talks though.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Luke Donald, Jeff Overton and Jonathon Byrd are the only 2 that I can think of that play Mizzy.

Must have been a long day at the office if 1+1+1 = 2. Either that or I need to freshen up on my math skills before going back to school.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Must have been a long day at the office if 1+1+1 = 2. Either that or I need to freshen up on my math skills before going back to school.

LOL, its new math!!

Actually, originally I could only think of Donald and Byrd. After finishing the sentance I went back and added overton, forgot to update the math though! LOL!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.