• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno Reshaft ?

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I pulled my 9 iron shaft because I was thinking of spining all my shafts but I don't think I will do the rest of the set. First they have tip weights in the shafts, the hosel is threaded which I thought might be a good thing to get a nice bond with the epoxy. After I got everything glued up and put together the shaft would spin very easy it just didn't feel like the shaft was tight in the hosel at all. Is this because they are taper tips and is this normal.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Sounds to me like you didn't clean all the old epoxy out of the bottom of the head. Now the shaft tip is not bottoming out, and the tapers don't match.

OP
gunning4u

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
it looks like it cured well overnight, you are right about the epoxy there was a tiny bit i couldnt get out at the bottom. i didnt want to use a dril bit and screw up the threading in the hosel. do you think i should pull it and start over or do you think it will be fine.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Threading in the hosel? Are you sure? I pulled all of the taper tip steel shafts from a set of MX-11s a couple of months back and they were standard taper tips. I used a 1/4" drill bit to remove the epoxy in the bottom.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Many shafts will feel quite loose in the hosel when you epoxy them, this is normal. As long you cant move the shaft side to side an excessive amount you should be fine. Shafting beads help a lot with this as well. The threads you see are simply to allow for better epoxy adhesion and are again, normal.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online